Valued Contributor

I think that it should stop when the hosts state the price of the easy pay.  Shawn, who I love as a host, starts listing a riding boot price as $33, which is the easy pay.  This has to be coming from marketing department on how sell on air.

All the shopping channels are doing this.   Just say the real price, I prefer it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: i'm not that stupid.....

@LoriMI wrote:

I think that it should stop when the hosts state the price of the easy pay.  Shawn, who I love as a host, starts listing a riding boot price as $33, which is the easy pay.  This has to be coming from marketing department on how sell on air.

All the shopping channels are doing this.   Just say the real price, I prefer it.

@LoriMI

I completely agree.  I feel that it is a deceptive practice and especially to anyone who might be sight-impaired and can't easily view the tv screen to see that it is 5 easy pays of $33.  

Hope you have had great success with the B&B this summer!  

Respected Contributor

Couldn't agree more!  When a host states you can get an item home for the ez pay price, but doesn't state that it's not the entire cost, I think it's deceptive.  Buyer beware! 

Super Contributor

yep. I also hate it when a host says for the tsV 

with free shipping that it costs nothing to get it home and try it. WRONG!! Return Shipping  is about $10.  So it costs about $10 to try it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I dislike that they don't include the s&h when telling us the e-z pay.....

MB was on with Ralph from Honora...she said the item was on 3 e-z pays and Ralph broke it down including the s&h...and MB corrected him...and said no its...and she gave the e-z pay without the s&h....Ralph looked puzzled but didn't say anything...

Those tactics are so deceitful...as another poster said...how about the person who can't see well...or doesn't have a computer to look it up...they are depending on what the Host says...

Valued Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@LoriMI wrote:

@LoriMI

I completely agree.  I feel that it is a deceptive practice and especially to anyone who might be sight-impaired and can't easily view the tv screen to see that it is 5 easy pays of $33.  

Hope you have had great success with the B&B this summer!  

@magicmoodz fabulous summer!  Thank you for asking.  We are going to Art Prize in Grand Rapids.  Fabulous art all over Grand Rapids!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I agree with all of you....I am sure there are some who have been deceived by this sales technique. I like the option of easy pay for high ticket items so I like that it's available but they should disclose full out the door price to the consumer. I did notice the other shopping channel the other day did disclosed it and also reminded about sales tax but they do not always do this.
Esteemed Contributor

It is deceptive. Worse than this was when they began posting the Clearance price but only showed the Retail price. They wouldn't show the regular price, so you could see what the savings was. They stopped that. That just might have went beyond deceptive.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if it ever occurs to the hosts and their keepers that there are thousands of viewers who are visually impaired and cannot see the screen to see the actual price?  Neither of my parents, who both had macular degeneration, could have figured out the price with the information being given.  Some group representing disabled people needs to file a class action suit to correct this problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Good point, they really should do re-think that. I am not a big advocate for suing, just correct it and put a disclaimer out there as well.