Frequent Contributor

I went to HSN page have never been there holy cow the clothes are costly. Dianne Gillman costly

Respected Contributor

I've always thought so too. Rarely, if ever, buy something when it's first presented. The great thing about HSN is that when they have sales they REALLY have sales, offering 50-60% off along with free or reduced shipping. If you wear a less popular size, or like less popular colors, you can really clean up.

Esteemed Contributor

It depends what you are looking for. I am hard to fit when it comes to jeans. I buy them at Costco, short inseam. And Diane Gilman is my second choice. They fit. When she has the value of the day I pick what I need and or want and consider myself lucky. It isn't easy being 5 feet tall in the fashion world.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Sales? How are the sales posted? Is it a blanket sale for many products or is it an individual listing per designer? I have never seen it. Perhaps I have not looked hard enough.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy Diane Gilman jeans anymore because the quality has gone down and too many sizing issues, as well as the price. The last pair of bootcuts I got was a great light sage green pair for $19.95 on clearance! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You can search HSN for Diane Gilman or DG2, and the clearance priced items are usually listed last, if I remember correctly.

Honored Contributor
On 9/25/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I've always thought so too. Rarely, if ever, buy something when it's first presented. The great thing about HSN is that when they have sales they REALLY have sales, offering 50-60% off along with free or reduced shipping. If you wear a less popular size, or like less popular colors, you can really clean up.

BINGO!!! I've snagged some greats buys during their clearance events. They have a schedule for transitioning apparel. If you wait 90 days, you can purchase some items at 50 off. They seem to hold a bit tighter to their higher cost brands like MarlaWynne, Naeem, Hal Rubenstein, Natori, but even in those lines, prices are slashed for slower moving inventory. The next big clearance event is next week. Monday is Jewelry, Tuesday is fashion. I'm tracking a few items and hope they are reduced by 50-60 percent

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
On 9/25/2014 bonnielu said:

Sales? How are the sales posted? Is it a blanket sale for many products or is it an individual listing per designer? I have never seen it. Perhaps I have not looked hard enough.

You can search for anything you want in their search bar. Then from there, sort the items lowest to highest so the cheapest prices show up first.

If there is a specific designer you want, search for that label specifically. If you want dresses, search for dresses then low to high.

I have been shopping with HSN since the 80's. I have found there is no rhyme or reason as to their markdowns. Some items getted marked down almost immediately, some take months and months. They also play pricing games a lot. Items will go to clearance, then back up again.

In the very early morning hours every Friday, HSN does moonlight markdowns so when you get up Friday morning, check for new markdowns.

Honored Contributor
On 9/25/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 9/25/2014 bonnielu said:

You can search for anything you want in their search bar. Then from there, sort the items lowest to highest so the cheapest prices show up first.

If there is a specific designer you want, search for that label specifically. If you want dresses, search for dresses then low to high.

I have been shopping with HSN since the 80's. I have found there is no rhyme or reason as to their markdowns. Some items getted marked down almost immediately, some take months and months. They also play pricing games a lot. Items will go to clearance, then back up again.

In the very early morning hours every Friday, HSN does moonlight markdowns so when you get up Friday morning, check for new markdowns.

When the clearance event launches HSN will have a "clearance" tag on the website. Click on it and every item marked for clearance will load-every vendor in one convenient location. Plus, when you are looking at items and see something you like, tag it with the red heart found in the upper right hand corner of the product page. You will see an alert on your account page when the price is reduced for your red heart/favorite items. It's awesome!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Has anyone found a quality reasonably priced fashion line @hsn (excluding designers)?

Honored Contributor

I don't buy anything by Gilman. I do buy clothing by established designers. The drawback with waiting for the prices to drop, is that you lose out on edgy clothing. They are gone with in minutes. And rarely come back. Several times I try to order online (I don't pay sales tax that way) I lose out. And they don't come back. HSN also offers boots that are selling at Nordstrom. For the same amount of money. They won't come back at a lower price. Nordstrom will move the boots they don't sell out to the Rack.

Gilman is their conservative standby. She sells millions, leaving even more in inventory. HSN makes their profit from her. Not the established designers that have clothing at Nordstrom and Barney's etc.