Honored Contributor

Re: how many years have you had a piece of your clothing?

I'm not sure why there is a spoiler in my post. I did not add one... 

Trusted Contributor

In the 1960's I was given long pair of white kidskin gloves that go almost to the elbow. To me that was luxury and a beautiful thoughtful gift. I still have them. They are perfect today because of the care I gave them. It's not clothing but something I will always treasure.. 

Respected Contributor

i'm thinking......one thing i have is my younger son's motorcycle jacket with all the zippers and such.  a perfect fit and almost 30 years old.  he took my leather jeans and never returned them.  lol

Valued Contributor

I have a Lee jean jacket from at least (!) 1972. I can still wear it. Can't button it, but then again neither can some of the hosts and models on QVC. See how trendy I am???

Esteemed Contributor

I have coats from the late 1990s or early 2000s.

I own but do not wear a kimono that I've had since 1963. I also have a beaded handbag that dates from 1963 too.

I don't normally keep clothing that I can't fit into and that includes shoes.

Respected Contributor

The only thing I have that's more than a couple of years old is my wedding dress and two gorgeous gowns that I paid a fortune for, that I'm sure I'll never wear again. They're only about 7-8 years old and are just as nice as the ones I see today, but I know I'll never wear them. Why I'm holding on to them I don't know!

Respected Contributor

I purcased a Clavin Klein (real designer product then) suede pullover shirt for $250 at half off in 1982. The suede is very soft and light. I still wear it. Oldest item I have is the Stevie Nicks style ragged hem dress that I wore on dates in the mid 1970's. I also have a pair of Stuart Weitzman sueded snake skin heels from 1980. I can still wear them and they are totally classic 2in. heels. Oh the nostalgia of it all.........Now the relationship memories when bought those items is another story!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Last Summer I pulled out a jumpsuit I bought about 16 years ago.  I saw something very similar for an outrageous price in the stores.  When I wore it my daughter thought it was new until I showed her a picture of when I wore it last.  I may have a few blouses in my closet for about 25 years.  They are very different and you never know when I may want to wear them again. I also have a faux fur that I bought about 16-17 years ago that I will not part with, I wear  it a few times a year and it's a keeper for life.

Honored Contributor

1995- socks and a plaid bathrobe... still going strong!

Respected Contributor

I have tons of clothes I never wear (will this be the year I finally give them away?), but every winter I wear five moleskin maxi-skirts I bought in 1999. They are still in perfect condition.