Honored Contributor

Re: how many years have you had a piece of your clothing?

[ Edited ]

Hmmm .... well for starters,  I can proudly boast that I  still fit into all the earrings I wore in high school .....   LOL

Super Contributor

I have a blush fox jacket that a boyfriend gave me in the early 80's (whe I was still wearing fur)...it was the most expensive/extravagant gift ayone had ever given me and I felt so sophisticated and elegant when I wore it..It still fits, althought I don't wear it.....I just can't part with it, although the boyfriend and I parted many, many years ago!!

Respected Contributor

A cropped Levi's jean jacket bought in the 80's.  The style has seen a resurgence and it looks good now over my maxi dresses in the summer.

Respected Contributor

I have a few classic Liz Claiborne pieces from the mid to late 80s, when it was still a quality label, that I won't get rid of...and they still fit.  Also a wool sweater with an intricate design that has gotten a lot of compliments - that one has also followed me in moves back and forth acorss the country.

Honored Contributor

My oldest item I still wear is a suede skirt from Chadwicks that is probably 25 years old. It is straight and just above the knee length so it will be classic and wearable forever. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My daughter has absconded with my Jimmy Buffet concert tshirt from 1979!

Yes the shirt is older than she is LOL

I think I better check my drawer again to make sure that's the only one missing!

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of those circle skirts from 1958.  One is a quilted plaid, the other a black cotton skirt with an Eiffel Tower printed , embellished with dozens of hand sewm pearls.  I have worn it a while back when thinner, and my GD wore one for halloween.  They both have wide (like 3-4inch) patent leather cinch belts.

My favorite item is a pair of jeans from 1971.  They were handmade by Melanie for Joseph Magnin.  They are bell bottom, 3 shades of worn denim in about 10 pieces rivited with brass brad type thingies to make the jeans.  There are rhinestone mushrooms, stars and peace signs.  It has a denim jform fitting short jacket.  It weighs a ton.  I think I will give it to a museum

I wore it with a huge floppy hat,

I wore it to the Fillmore in SF, and it was like a disco ball under the lights.  Brings back many memories as I wore t for 5 years on special occasions

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

The oldest thing I have is a Dana Buchman pink silk blouse jacket that I bought in 1995, when she was a high end designer, before she showed up at Kohl's. Still beautiful.  I also kept my late husband's high school letter jacket, just can't let it go.

How sweet. That jacket is a warm, happy memory for sure.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how old it is but I still have a denim jacket I bought back when Delta Burke was on QVC, It is very faded but otherwise still in great shape and I wear it a lot at camp.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 sweaters my mother knitted when I was in high school.  I graduated in 1969.