Trusted Contributor

anybody have the video of mary's qvc goodbye message...shawn posted the vid but it doesnt have sound

Super Contributor

Yes I to would like to know what Mary's farewell words were..

.no sound on my instagram video....

Honored Contributor

Re: host mary nelson???

[ Edited ]

I just watched it the other day. So sad people treat other people like that. People that don't even know her. It's posted here https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Mary-Nelson-is-so-honest-Her-goodbye-has-ME-in-tears/m-p...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thread in community chat has a link to the video. Mary did not ever state that anyone was mean to her (despite what that OP stated).  She was pretty emotional and expressed her gratitude to QVC for taking a chance on her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I just watched it the other day. So sad people treat other people like that. People that don't even know her. It's posted here https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Mary-Nelson-is-so-honest-Her-goodbye-has-ME-in-tears/m-p...

@Nightowlz   What are you referring to???  Mary's video never once mentioned anything about any negativity from anyone.  To the contrary, she talked about all the kindness she has received from viewers all across all the various social media platforms, and all of QVC.  I'm completely confused as to how anyone could get anything else from her own words.

In addition, this link you shared in your post started by Birkilady is the very unsubstantiated and incorrect talk that is also not based on fact at all.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz   What are you referring to???  Mary's video never once mentioned anything about any negativity from anyone.  To the contrary, she talked about all the kindness she has received from viewers all across all the various social media platforms, and all of QVC.  I'm completely confused as to how anyone could get anything else from her own words.

In addition, this link you shared in your post started by Birkilady is the very unsubstantiated and incorrect talk that is also not based on fact at all.

@BirkiLadys thread should be deleted.  It's a hurtful rumor...

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

Well from the video I watched it sounded like people were saying not so nice things about her on FB? Guess I misunderstood what she was saying. I did not start the thread or come up with the link. I saw it on a thread in the community chat which I thought would be deleted after I read it? It's still there.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary's QVC Facebook page is still active, so if you hurry before they shut it down, her entire last show is posted with the final closing comments.  She does not say anything at all, on air, about mean comments from viewers.  In fact, she says Facebook comments were uplifting.    I just watched it again. 

Where do people get this stuff from?

Trusted Contributor

My understanding was that she expressed self-doubts: whether the way she talked, her size, birthplace, etc. would hinder getting an audition and/or job and the potential response of viewers to her.  She wondered if they would think the same things she had.  What she found instead was the kindness of QVC staff, hosts, and customers.  She was appreciative of all that she experienced here. She also expressed her gratitude for the opportunity.  Clearly, she had a wonderful, empowering experience that she treasured. 

Super Contributor

That was so sad, I remember when she would work with David and I was so happy when she got her own shows.. I hope she can come back sometime and rejoin the Q