Honored Contributor

Re: halston show with sandra

@Trinity11 wrote:

She is probably the most beautiful, well spoken host that QVC has ever had. Why she is wasted at the midnight hour, I just don't get. Maybe she just doesn't appeal all that much to the demographic that actually watches QVC. I rarely do but when I do, Sandra is always articulate and classy.

I agree completely, @Trinity11.   Sandra is professional, articulate, takes time to highlight and describe product details, and I've yet to ever see her adopt the "carnival barker" style that seems to be so prevalent on shopping channels now.   I would add that the off-hour shifts might sometimes be those actually preferred by certain hosts, especially after they've been with the Q for a while and can have some choices about scheduling.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

She is probably the most beautiful, well spoken host that QVC has ever had. Why she is wasted at the midnight hour, I just don't get. Maybe she just doesn't appeal all that much to the demographic that actually watches QVC. I rarely do but when I do, Sandra is always articulate and classy.

I'm sure she's well-spoken and articulate but she displays no personality.   About as exciting to watch as watching paint dry.   I've never warmed up to her and generally change the channel if she comes on. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

If she is kicking off the TSV, as I believe she did last night and does often, I would guess she is a popular host with good sales numbers. QVC is a business and wouldn't schedule it otherwise. Given it was a Tuesday, she would start at midnight and it makes sense that she works a few hours, hence the 2am slot. She isn't being wasted in the time slot but rather maximized, imo.

And yes, I think Sandra is a lovely host -- well-spoken, presents items with good details, and has a beautiful personality. I enjoy watching her but appreciate we all have our favorites and ones we switch the channel on. Good thing Q offers us variety, don't you think?!?

Honored Contributor

I like Sandra alot and I think she's gorgeous!

She has a believability about her that some others struggle with. I put her in the same class with Jill and Jayne; rather laid back, easy to listen to, etc..

I appreciate that Sandra doesn't own or use everything that she's selling and I've heard her say (often) 'I've tried it because we're given the products in advance of the presentations'

Conversely SK can fill up a 2 hour 'secrets' show with all different products at least once a month...

Hey I get that it's all sales but let's not completely disregard common sense!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I'm sure she's well-spoken and articulate but she displays no personality.   About as exciting to watch as watching paint dry.   I've never warmed up to her and generally change the channel if she comes on. 

...can talk the ears off corn.

Trusted Contributor

I think that Sandra is a beautiful lady and does a wonderful job hosting.  She reminds me of Mary Tyler Moore when she was in the ****** Van ****** show.  I had mentioned this before but no one else said that so I guess that the people here are too young to remember that program,  I forget how old I am sometimes.   I thought that the dark hair and dark eyes were a resemblance.