Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎11-12-2010
did anyone see the 2 a.m. halston show? Sandra seemed very manic, as did the halston rep. Talking about the sweater not needing to be washed all the time. Sandra said unless you're smoking pot. Inappropriate? They both seemed very manic to me. Sorry for the small font, my laptop wont allow me to change it.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,206
Registered: ‎08-02-2010

Re: halston show with sandra

I believe she said the buttons on the sweater reminded her of when she  saw pottery designers using a smoking method to fire their  pottery products and the color was  beautiful and very like buttons.  I enjoyed the show with Sandra and Cameron.  Sandra was into the designs.  I have purchased a few Halston sweaters which look good on me.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎11-12-2010

Re: halston show with sandra

you're probably right. i was half asleep. She's a good host.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,755
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Re: halston show with sandra


@erichu wrote:
did anyone see the 2 a.m. halston show? Sandra seemed very manic, as did the halston rep. Talking about the sweater not needing to be washed all the time. Sandra said unless you're smoking pot. Inappropriate? They both seemed very manic to me. Sorry for the small font, my laptop wont allow me to change it.

I find Sandra often interrups the vendors and tend to turn

the channel when she is hosting...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,481
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: halston show with sandra


@tobes wrote:

I believe she said the buttons on the sweater reminded her of when she  saw pottery designers using a smoking method to fire their  pottery products and the color was  beautiful and very like buttons.  I enjoyed the show with Sandra and Cameron.  Sandra was into the designs.  I have purchased a few Halston sweaters which look good on me.


@tobesDo you remember which sweater it was?  Love pretty buttons!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,021
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: halston show with sandra

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@tobes wrote:

I believe she said the buttons on the sweater reminded her of when she  saw pottery designers using a smoking method to fire their  pottery products and the color was  beautiful and very like buttons.  I enjoyed the show with Sandra and Cameron.  Sandra was into the designs.  I have purchased a few Halston sweaters which look good on me.


@tobesDo you remember which sweater it was?  Love pretty buttons!  Thanks!


 

 

            Here's the video, @ECBG.  Item A269408.  Just a personal opinion, but I don't see anything special about the buttons.   

 

          The presentation doesn't appear "manic."  In fact, it's rather low key and I didn't notice any interruptions.   Also, I agree the comment about the buttons clearly was referring to pottery (although Cameron made a quick joke about smoking the pots):

 

 

 
 
⭐️Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. Howard W. Newton⭐️
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,566
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

Re: halston show with sandra


@dooBdoo wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@tobes wrote:

I believe she said the buttons on the sweater reminded her of when she  saw pottery designers using a smoking method to fire their  pottery products and the color was  beautiful and very like buttons.  I enjoyed the show with Sandra and Cameron.  Sandra was into the designs.  I have purchased a few Halston sweaters which look good on me.


@tobesDo you remember which sweater it was?  Love pretty buttons!  Thanks!


 

 

            Here's the video, @ECBG.  Item A269408.  Just a personal opinion, but I don't see anything special about the buttons.   

 

          The presentation doesn't appear "manic."  In fact, it's rather low key and I didn't notice any interruptions.   Also, I agree the comment about the buttons clearly was referring to pottery (although Cameron made a quick joke about smoking the pots):

 

 

 
 

@dooBdoo

Now that sounds more like it!

Haven't watched the presentation yet...have it dvr'ed.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,481
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: halston show with sandra


@dooBdoo wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@tobes wrote:

I believe she said the buttons on the sweater reminded her of when she  saw pottery designers using a smoking method to fire their  pottery products and the color was  beautiful and very like buttons.  I enjoyed the show with Sandra and Cameron.  Sandra was into the designs.  I have purchased a few Halston sweaters which look good on me.


@tobesDo you remember which sweater it was?  Love pretty buttons!  Thanks!


 

 

            Here's the video, @ECBG.  Item A269408.  Just a personal opinion, but I don't see anything special about the buttons.   

 

          The presentation doesn't appear "manic."  In fact, it's rather low key and I didn't notice any interruptions.   Also, I agree the comment about the buttons clearly was referring to pottery (although Cameron made a quick joke about smoking the pots):

 

 

 
 

@dooBdoo,Thank you.  The buttons were nicer than plastic dyed to match, but I think that's about as far as it went.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,140
Registered: ‎06-08-2016

Re: halston show with sandra

She was a motormouth for sure.

Has she ever hosted with Rick Domier?  

Wow that would be a combination.

 


@erichu wrote:
did anyone see the 2 a.m. halston show? Sandra seemed very manic, as did the halston rep. Talking about the sweater not needing to be washed all the time. Sandra said unless you're smoking pot. Inappropriate? They both seemed very manic to me. Sorry for the small font, my laptop wont allow me to change it.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,807
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: halston show with sandra

She is probably the most beautiful, well spoken host that QVC has ever had. Why she is wasted at the midnight hour, I just don't get. Maybe she just doesn't appeal all that much to the demographic that actually watches QVC. I rarely do but when I do, Sandra is always articulate and classy.