Respected Contributor

there are a couple of posts from a few years ago, but has anyone recently found the original genie bras anywhere?  or is there something similar to the original genie bra?  i have read that some of what is offered online is not the same quality of the originals.   or can you recommend an alternative that is just as good as the original genie bra?  thanks in advance. 

Respected Contributor

I got hooked on the genie bras years ago.  I found a way lower cost alternative at walmart. Hanes. It's pretty much all I wear.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I used to wear Genies, but switched to Jockey bralettes a couple years ago.  I've never seen the Jockey brand go on sale, but I buy them at Kohl's with 30%-off coupons.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I really liked the Genie Bra.  I have several in different colors from QVC.  The only place I have seen them lately is at Bargain Hunt and they only had medium in white.  They are located in TN, Arkansas, Ohio, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, and So. Carolina.  I didn't do a large scale hunt for them.  I switched over to Rhonda Shear.

Super Contributor

I just looked on line and found there is a Genie Bras site.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

I just looked on line and found there is a Genie Bras site.

yes but all the reviews that i have read about the current line is that they are not the same as the old original design.  i was hoping that maybe somebody was making them just like the old ones Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I got hooked on the genie bras years ago.  I found a way lower cost alternative at walmart. Hanes. It's pretty much all I wear.

thanks @Peaches McPhee , i will look at the hanes line. 

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I used to wear Genies, but switched to Jockey bralettes a couple years ago.  I've never seen the Jockey brand go on sale, but I buy them at Kohl's with 30%-off coupons.

yes, @tototwo , i also wear the jockey bralettes and i love them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy   I think the Ahh bra by Rhonda Shear is quite similar to the Genie bra, I own both and like them.  Since breast cancer surgery I simply cannot wear a regular bra so I have lived in these for the past 5 years.    Most of them are still in good shape too!

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

I really liked the Genie Bra.  I have several in different colors from QVC.  The only place I have seen them lately is at Bargain Hunt and they only had medium in white.  They are located in TN, Arkansas, Ohio, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, and So. Carolina.  I didn't do a large scale hunt for them.  I switched over to Rhonda Shear.

thank you @Lucky Duck . i will look at the rhonda shear line.