Contributor
GILI is the only thing that got me ordering fashions/accessories from the Q. My daughters and I love the line because it's actually cool and trendy. Will be so sad to see it go if that really happens Smiley Sad(
Respected Contributor

I don't think the line will last AT ALL. It will be like Q's previous line, Medallion. Do you remember Medallion?

Honored Contributor

Seeing as QVC just reapplied for a trademark of G.I.L.I. about a week ago, it would seem they are planning on keeping it. I don't really know how and honestly, I don't really care one way or the other.

Honored Contributor
On 10/27/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Seeing as QVC just reapplied for a trademark of G.I.L.I. about a week ago, it would seem they are planning on keeping it. I don't really know how and honestly, I don't really care one way or the other.

If this is true then it will become just another Q house brand,being sold by any host.

before I read your post I would have thought it would have been phased out. If it continues to sell after Lisa leaves then they will still sell it.

To me it is interesting to see how this will all unfold

Valued Contributor
On 10/27/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Oh that's interesting. I recall you discussing the trademarking in a different thread. For some reason I thought they were only going to keep the trademark for jewelry? I am probably rememberting wrong, but anyway thanks for the information. What direction QVC takes is questionable..lol

Super Contributor

Lisa has also mentioned several times that the clothing is already in process for Spring 2015 and jewelry farther out than that.

Edited to add I don't think there's anything to be ""read"" into the Easy Pay on GILI items. Many times when a vendor has a TSV there's a lot of special offers and Easy Pays on their other items.

Frequent Contributor
Just a thought...LR might receive a percentage of GILI products sold; therefore they want to clear out the items. Still not convinced she is leaving by her choice. Not fired but company not meeting her demands.
Super Contributor

Courtney will probably take over promoting the line.

Respected Contributor

My initial thought is that it will be phased out and after next year, will never be seen or heard from again. First, they will have Linda Davies take over as the OAP (on air personality) and then it will fade into oblivion.

I am saying this because any line that Linda takes over seems to disappear - Modern Soul and Motto come to mind (and there may be others that I can't think of right now).

Valued Contributor
On 10/27/2014 cosmic1 said:

My initial thought is that it will be phased out and after next year, will never be seen or heard from again. First, they will have Linda Davies take over as the OAP (on air personality) and then it will fade into oblivion.

I am saying this because any line that Linda takes over seems to disappear - Modern Soul and Motto come to mind (and there may be others that I can't think of right now).

Except for Liz Claiborne, which she has represented for a couple of years now.