New Contributor

future fashion wish for Martha Stewart

Hello,

I LOVE the quality of the faux fur lamb coat from this season i purchased from Martha Stewart's line.  I have been looking for a faux beaver coat, 1940's style, for years.  They are either cheap looking/feeling, or not cut right.  I know she could do such a coat justice!  My suggestion is for Martha to create a beaver swing coat. ! know it would be a hit!  I appreciate the quality and attention to detail that Martha brings to the Q.  We are so lucky to have her designing for us!

Sincerely,

Qualitygal1

Honored Contributor

Re: future fashion wish for Martha Stewart

Maybe send her a written note via QVC, or directly via other social media options.

I'd love to see your suggestion!

Also, when I was a young-ish child, we knew someone who wore a Mouton (?) coat to special events.  So beautiful. 

Thick, shaved fur that looked like thick, thick velvet.  In dark brown, almost black.  Gorgeous.  

I recall asking her about that coat, and she said 'It's Mouton'.  I remember that very word.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal1  I had that beaver coat years ago and wore it religiously but finally gave it away to a friend.  They are very attractive looking and love the swing coat style you are talking about.  It was really big about 40 years ago in the area I lived in and women would wear with jeans.

p.s.  Try to contact Martha on Facebook with QVC.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Faux beaver--YES! I love faux furs and I wear them around the house and out. I have an old house in central FL and it really does get chilly at times. I don't let my faux furs just hang in the closet for going out in. There is nothing that feels better than wearing them in splendor on my sofa in the evenings!

To your point--Most of the faux furs offered seem to be longer fur types. I would really be happy to see more sheared offerings. Sheared, but nice and thick would be great.

New Contributor

Good idea.  Thank you!