Honored Contributor

Re: full length jeans in the summer???

Who would want to wear full length pants in the summer?  Many, many women do.  Personally I LOVE my full length white jeans.  Might be a regional thing? For me, looking neat and pulled together always beats my temporary comfort level.  Besides, every single place I go to has a/c blasting.

Respected Contributor

I don't wear full length jeans in summer, but I live in a very hot climate .

I do, however,  understand that there are dozens of different climates in this country and what works in one place isn't a rule in another. Even in my state, you can drive three hours into the mountains and experience temps 20 to 30 degrees cooler than where I live.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It depends on your summer and where you are going to be.  I see a lot of people around here in full length jeans.

Our summer hasn't been all that hot so far.  It's supposed to get very, very hot tomorrow and last for 2 weeks but until then, we've had a lot of cool evenings and cool days.

Just because QVC is showing them and people are buying them doesn't mean they are wearing them now or that the are wearing them to sit outside in the 80+ heat and humidity.

Honored Contributor

Most jeans are mostly cotton.  At least mine are   98-99% I'm comfortable in any jean.  Be in full length (hiking) or ankel length.  I've hiked in very hot humid conditions in the woods, and always felft comfortable in jeans.

Respected Contributor

I, too, wear jeans all year round.  I appreciate that the Q offers many different styles for many people.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

No full length jeans in the height of summer - the hot humid days in NE like wet blankets. . can't stand the feeling on my skin,  hate sitting in them, with spandex they become saggy and baggy. I do have nice jeans I prefer to save for fall/winter.   I was never one to flip out over jeans day at work either.  i wear soft cool fabrics,  bermudas, capris or cool sundresses or a maxi.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter and I were just talking about how hot it's going to be this weekend.  She bought a couple of summer dresses and I gave her a cute pair of Vionic sandals to  wear with them. I'm rethinking my wardrobe this morning and considering buying a cool summer dress. I have a venous leg and would consider a dress but, for  me to feel comfortable,I would have to use leg makeup to cover up my leg.   My  other leg has scars on it, too.  I have 3  incision scars where they took the veins out for my quadruple heart surgery a few months ago.  Not to mention...... all my summer tops are v-necks and my big purply red scar from heart surgery shows.  Believe me when I say, there are good reasons for some of us to "cover up".  I guess I figure if I don't like looking at it.....no one else will.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant  Wear those scars proudly! My mom had open heart surgery decades ago and wasn't concerned about what others thought; she was pleased to be alive and healthy again. She died last July at 94 after a life well lived. BTW: Those scars do fade fairly quickly. Best of health to you! Wear whatever you please. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@jubilant

I had an emergency double bypass about 6 years ago so I have the same situation with scarring but mine are keloids; the gift that keeps on giving,,.

When I first got out of the hospital I couldn't look at any of it! It scared me!

Now I could care less who sees it.

I can assure you, in no uncertain terms, that those people in your life that matter, don't see the scars any more..

I had a very close friend who I spent alot to time with years ago that had severe scarring on her face. After the initial concern (oh my!) and a short period of time I just didn't see it anymore...

Respected Contributor

I'm not a jeans wearer so cannot comment whether or not I'd wear full length jeans in the summer.  Don't white jeans scream summer?

My husband wears jeans; he puts them away once the thermometer stays above 70.