Respected Contributor

found the most amazing new bra this weekend

and it was at wal-mart of all places. hanes smooth comfort wire free. seamless also. cool comfort wicking fabric.  i was suprised it same in s,m,l ect. sizes, and the fit was so good.  and of course the price was great.  i just ordered a few more this morning online.

Respected Contributor

Re: found the most amazing new bra this weekend

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

and it was at wal-mart of all places. hanes smooth comfort wire free. seamless also. cool comfort wicking fabric.  i was suprised it same in s,m,l ect. sizes, and the fit was so good.  and of course the price was great.  i just ordered a few more this morning online.

This is great to see.   I've tried millions of bras over my lifetime and haven't found one that is comfortable so I don't wear one 95% of the time.  I have bitty boobies so it really doesn't matter.   I hate underwire but find that the ones that don't have the wire have a band that curls and that is worse. 

When we moved I washed about 30 or more bras and took them to SOMA for their bra drive. 

Would you mind posting if the band curls or not after you've worn it for a few days?   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I was at Walmart this afternoon, so I thought I'd try those bras on.

I found that they are very comfortable and I don't think the bottom band would roll.  They were extremely light weight, but the cup was not big enough for me.  I wear a 36DD and tried on the XL and 2X.  The band size in both sizes fit and was very forgiving, but there was more of me out of the bra than was in it.

If you are small or average sized, they are nice bras and the price was really good.  

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

Thank you for this information.  Walmart has really stepped up their game.  I get a lot of my capris from their.  I am going to check out the brasSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal   yes, i will. but there is no actual band. it is all one piece of fabric. does that make sense? i wish i could post a photo for you.

Honored Contributor

I found a lot of pictures but each is a bit different, @kittyloo 

If you want to post a picture, do a Google search using the terms in your OP, and click on "images."  Lots of photos will appear.  Just right click, copy, and come back here to paste to your post (new or exisiting post).

(That's if you're on a computer.  On a tablet or other device, someone else will have to explain.)

Here's one image.  I'm not sure it's the exact one.

Image result for hanes smooth comfort wire free bra

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@kittyloo 

Ah I see what you mean.  I looked at the pic again.   Thanks.   For that price, I'll give it a try .   I've thrown away much more $$$ bra's that I bought, wore and didn't like.

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo 

I bought 4 today.  I wore one all afternoon and so far it is comfortable.   Well, as comfortable as a bra can be.   It I still like it in a few days, I'll keep the other 3.   If not, back they go.  Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo 

I too had good luck with some Hanes bras that I picked up at Walmart! I didn't get the same style though. I got the underwire with no seams no embellishment that were cotton. Good fit very comfortable and I think I paid $15 for two?!

Honored Contributor

These bras aren't new! I found these years ago and its all I wear. I prefer the natural cup bras, which is extremely difficult to find. When I stumble upon natural cup, no wires and no big foam cups.... I'm in!!

"Pure Michigan"