Occasional Contributor

Hi Fashion Mavens,

I'm nearing 57, about 120, a petite size, short brown hair, and getting married in July.  Our wedding and reception are at noon.  I know I don't want a traditional white or ivory wedding dress although I'm attracted to the sheath silhouette.  Looking in department stores, my favorite choices now are Carmen Marc Valvo infusion gowns with the applique flowers.  Help me broaden my horizons.  I definitely want a gown and don't mind showing shape as opposed to a lot of skin.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Just want to say Mazel Tov on your upcoming nuptials! Very happy for you. The dress you described sounds wonderful! I'm sure you'll get some great ideas here!

Please let us know what you choose.

Respected Contributor

Every bride has a dream dress so take a friend along, try on dresses & enjoy choosing what's right for you...you'll know when you find the one. Wishing You All The Best.

Super Contributor

First of all congratulations!   The Carmen Marc Valvo infusion gowns are stunning and would be beautiful for a wedding.   Have you been to Neiman Marcus to try any on yet?   

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono - can you work your magic for this bride to be.

You always find the perfect thing. Thanks, Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

@muffininmilton - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  Check out a website called Needle and Thread.  I found them after seeing Princess Kate in a dress designed by this company recently.  They have a US website as well.  I think the dresses are absolutely gorgeous!  I also feel that they aren't too overpriced especially considering the amount of detail.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Google has some good places to look.

Honored Contributor

@muffininmilton 

All the best to you!

I like this Paloma Blanco gown; simple yet elegant...

Paloma Blanca WD.jpg

Honored Contributor

here's one of your infusion gowns

Valvo WD.jpg