Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i wore them 15 years ago and in the 70s.   the noise they make when you walk is annoying 

LOL hhhahahhaha especially somebody who has hefty thighs

rub a dub dub

Trusted Contributor

I am 50 and very short so I won't be wearing the bell bottom fashion or wide pants. I look better in skinny jeans as I am fairly thin (size 4p). 

If you are average to tall like my daughter these would look good, but people should stick with what flatters their bodies.

Respected Contributor

I have one pair of flare jeans.  I have to be in the mood to wear them, and only in cooler months.  The comment about pairing them with a more slim looking top is key to this look. 

Trusted Contributor

I remember wearing bodysuits with flare legged/bellbottom pants in the 70's. I was still in elementary school. Had fun sewing frog and peace sign patches on them.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I remember trying to ride my bicycle in them.Woman Surprised Hilarious.Woman LOL

@SilleeMee I cuffed mine with elastics that I kept on my wrist when off the bike. Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Susan Graver has been wearing her flared jeans a lot lately in her presentations,and I think they look great on her!

They really do look good on Susan.  She dislikes her hip width so much and the flared jeans give her the long lean look she admires on her models.  Wonder if the same theory works for round torsos too. Might be worth revisiting bell bottoms!

Trusted Contributor
I thought maybe it was another passing trend, so I thought my age may make me look ridiculous in them. I live in a very small town and I wasn't sure if anyone my age would be wearing them. In the early 2000's, the ones I wore were quite wide but from what I'm reading the trend seems to be only wider than bootcut? I didn't think I could pull them off since I'm only 5'2" tall. I do quite like the slim bootcut I've been buying.😉
Esteemed Contributor

hmmm...  I wonder if I still have any of mine from the 70s.

We used to open the seams and add more fabric to make even bigger bells!

Trusted Contributor

Honestly, there is no cut of jean except for mom jeans that I rule out. If the fit is there and it is being worn with the right top, I'm open to it.

Now if I could only find a skinny jean that looks good on my curvy, slightly pear shape, I would be happy. So far, no luck.

I was watching DG just now on HSN. She was presenting the flex skinny. The colors are fab, but they bunch up the full length even on the models.

Respected Contributor

i don't care for them even though i thought they looked good on graver.