Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I'm 66 & never heard of flared jeans.  Do you mean bell bottoms????Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at Fri, Jun 24, 2016-12.34.43 PM.png

Those are too flared.  The ones I have don't have as big of a "bell" bottom as those do .  I don't care for these.  I like Susans.  Shawn also has a great pair of flared-bottom jeans that are a high-end brand--not sure which one.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: flare leg jeans AGAIN

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not think flared leg jeans ever when "out" of style.....now if you mean bell bottom "CHER" Style jeans.....that is another story. 

They look like the same thing.  I thought they were.  I was mistaken.  I looked it up on wiki and the difference is the fit around the knees.  I learn something new everyday. LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I like flare jeans. I generally stick with American Eagle Artist Flares. They are flared but not bell bottoms. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of 'bell-bottoms' or whatever they're called. The ones that are slim until the very wide 'bell on the bottom'.  (Appropriate name for them, lol.)  Although I do think that I recall wearing them in the 80's (?).   All kinds of flares, bells, whatevers.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they look great on some people, but they don't do anything for me. 

I'm on the short side, and my legs aren't particularly long. Flares tend to overwhelm me.

Flares look best with heels IMO. I don't wear high heels with jeans. I like a low heel or flats.

When it comes to tops, flares seem to look best with shorter fitted tops or tucked-in shirts (as opposed to tunics). That's another angle to consider.

I'm sticking to my straight leg jeans. But those who love flares should enjoy them! They are definitely on trend.