Esteemed Contributor

Re: favorite fashion lines on QVC from years ago

Dialogue - I still own and wear a couple pairs of their black slacks. Wash well and wear like iron. When I worked full time, I had Dialogue slacks in every color they made.

I still have a washable suede Jessica Holbrook jacket. Still looks fabulous.

Old, old D&Co jean jackets and shirts now waay over 10 years old. They were excellent quality back then and reasonably priced. So sorry D&Co went downhill over the years.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

For me it was Marc Bouwer.  I really liked his style and still wear many of the pieces I had purchased.

@LindaSal   He sells his line on ShopHQ now

Honored Contributor

I think I only bought one top from Marc Bower (sp?) and it didn't hold up well.  I washed it as soon as I got it and it puckered along seams.  I didn't think I could return it since tags were off and washed.  I think maybe you can though?

Now ask about HSN fashion from years ago and I had a ball between Randolph Duke formal pieces and Suzanne Somers for casual wear.  Still have those items!

Respected Contributor

George Simonton, Victor Costa

Honored Contributor

@IMW 

Simonton was great in his early years at QVC - but he seemed to have lost his "design mojo" his last year or so.

I still have (and wear) one of his turtleneck tops and two jackets.

---------------------------------------------------

@IMW wrote:

George Simonton, Victor Costa

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA unfortunately true.

Respected Contributor

Back in the "good ole days" when I shopped a lot of Q's fashions, the ones I really liked were:

Denim and Co. (now I don't anymore)

Cedar Canyon

Jessica Holbrook

Sport Savvy

CitiKnits

Dialogue

Gabrielle T. 

I also used to buy some of the Quacker Factory things, but IMO, they changed and no longer interested.

There used to be a line on HSN, I believe it was called  Storybook Knits.  Some of the sweaters were really cute.  

I also like some of Louis Del'Olio (sp?) 

I rarely shop anymore as I am no longer working and don't see the need to purchase the higher prices that they are now selling.

Esteemed Contributor

There are quite a few QVC lines from the past that I have positive fond memories of.  Among them are George Simonton, Victor Costa, DVF Silk Assets, Precious Fibers, and Randolph Duke (particularly his 5 Easy Piece sets).  

Trusted Contributor

I loved the Motto line. Their designs were all unique. Kind of trendy but not over the top. Now it seems like all the lines on QVC look the same. Linea was classy and very well made.
Esteemed Contributor

I loved both Storybook Knits and Cardigan Bay hand knit sweaters.