Esteemed Contributor

Re: fashion RESOLUTIONS for 2014

On 1/1/2014 lolakimono said:
On 1/1/2014 Bird mama said:

Lola - these are some interesting ideas and I applaud the talented and crafty women who have the patience to up-cycle their clothing.

Just goes to show you what's out there. I would probably not go out and buy pieces from the thrift store (unless I wanted to practice before "ruining" one of my favorites), but I've seen a lot of unique ideas. I wanted to pay it forward for those who are keeping clothing for "sentimental" reasons. I also like the ideas of transforming things that you like but don't love into something that you'll wear often. Expensive items like sweaters, coats, and formal wear can be upcycled into more modern cuts. I do think it's impressive what a talented seamstress can do.

lola ~ Whole Foods sells the most adorable hand puppets made out of pieced recycled knit woolens. The last time I was there I fell in love with one with a face made out of pink cashmere. I almost wanted it for myself because it was a piece of art, but really do I need a hand puppet? {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

Lola...great tips and I am on this journey for the New Year. I am in the process of selecting a few treasured outfits from my closet for work, play, and dress. I'm considering shoes and jewelry with each outfit, concentrating on classics, jackets, and clothes that are comfortable and traditional. (I can add some sass with accessories Smiley Happy ) I am boxing (a lot!) of the rest of my clothes and putting them in the attic. This year I am working on my health and slimming down. I will reevaluate in three months and if I have been successul in my weight loss journey....when I'm on my way to a smaller size, all the attic boxes automatically go to the Vets who pick up donations

I'm off for my walk and on my way! Wishing all of us the best of luck in our efforts to simplify in the New Year!

Honored Contributor

Magic,

Maybe you could get your own cable access show, and your fashion friends could be guest stars.

Honored Contributor

Welcome aboard Phoenix and good luck in your ""transformation.""

Esteemed Contributor

My godson and his wife are expecting their first baby next month. I think one of these will hold a gift card!

Honored Contributor

This lady limited herself to a dollar a day ($365 in a year) to buy vintage/thrift pieces and transform them.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

That's fantastic!! Where is her blog???? Smiley Happy

Contributor

Not buying anymore winter clothes, just afew pieces for Spring since it gets hot here so fast in Texas. Main purchase will be summer clothes, since I have lost alot of weight and its hot here for so long.

Trusted Contributor

I hope to make more progress with the closet clean-out I began last year and get rid of some things that are taking up space and not being worn. I'll donate things I edit out to charity so someone else can use and enjoy them. Aside from that, I am not particularly focused on wardrobe at present. I'm no longer working, so my wardrobe needs are simpler and primarily relaxed and casual. I enjoy looking nice, but I have more clothes than I need and am totally happy picking up a fresh new piece now and then on sale or at a thrift/secondhand store. I don't plan to spend big bucks on clothing this year, but instead to enjoy "playing in my closet" and creatively using the very nice pieces I already own. Really, that's as much fun as shopping and costs a whole lot less! I want to focus my energies on people and more significant things this year -- not so much on what I'm wearing. This is not to be The Year of the Wardrobe for me.