Honored Contributor

enough with the zippers as a "fashion statement"

It's everywhere now, even handbags with that "open zipper" accent thing. Can we move on to something else as fashionable soon?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Re: enough with the zippers as a ""fashion statement""

Growing up my dear Mom made most of my clothes, my sister's & her dresses too. I remember that she always included invisible zippers whenever possible........ She never wanted the zipper to show and always hid or covered the zipper teeth with fabric. Now many items use zippers not only to allow access but as part of the fashion design. In many items the fashion visible zipper adds to the design but I doubt that my DM would approve of the look....... She liked a more classic, elegant look but many today might not always agree.
Respected Contributor

ITA!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

I'm a fan of zippers!

I like an exposed zipper on the back of a dress, zip pockets on a jackets, zip up sweaters and coats.

I guess you can overdo anything, and a particular garment could look tacky. But in general, I love them.

Valued Contributor

Not sure what's the point of this thread?? It's fashion. This season it's zippers, previous season it was color blocking, or maybe it was the same season, not sure because I don't really follow the fashion trend..... I just buy whatever I like and ignore things I don't like. As simple as that.
Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 tough_kitty said: Not sure what's the point of this thread?? It's fashion. This season it's zippers, previous season it was color blocking, or maybe it was the same season, not sure because I don't really follow the fashion trend..... I just buy whatever I like and ignore things I don't like. As simple as that.

You are indeed a tough_ kitty. LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

The zippers from what I gave seen are hideous. I don't mind a small zipper accent but too much is too much.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

I have a tote I bought about five or six years ago. It's one giant industrial size zipper that's been sewn in a spiral into the shape of a tote bag.

If you unzip it ... it can be rolled up into a spool.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 golfcartrider said:

The zippers from what I gave seen are hideous. I don't mind a small zipper accent but too much is too much.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I don't want them on the skirt and on the blouse...

(and on the bag, though I never use bags, so that doesn't apply. But everybody must be carrying bags like the Queen!)

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 peachesncream said:

I'm a fan of zippers!

I like an exposed zipper on the back of a dress, zip pockets on a jackets, zip up sweaters and coats.

I guess you can overdo anything, and a particular garment could look tacky. But in general, I love them.

I'm a fan too, peaches, but just returned a top yesterday with zips on the arms and faux leather trim. really did like it, but arms too long and it wasn't "acting my age". Did like it tho. From years ago I have a short aqua suede jacket with zips on the wrists, and one thing I'll say is BE CAREFUL when driving,,the zips can get stuck in crevices of the steering wheel!!