Valued Contributor

does qvc sell pants that are not strech or leggings

does anyone still wear pants with a button and zipper. i will not wear pants that have all strech i hate them and will never buy any type of legging. does qvc sell this type of pants. all i see is this lori goldstein and that women with control. sorry but those clothes are just so awful. i like iassic but all he has is those strech pants also so does susan and also demin and company.

Honored Contributor

Re: does qvc sell pants that are not strech or leggings

I don't wear stretch pants or leggings either.  I prefer tailored pants that fit well, not tight and not wide or baggy.

i have been having good luck with pants from Christopher Banks.  I wear a petite length and they have them too.

In the past, I hated their pants because they "grew" while I was wearing them and by the end of the day, they didn't fit.

They no longer grow and they wash well.  I buy their tailored jeans too.

I signed up at their website and they send me notice of sales at their stores and on the web.  They often have free shipping too.  I always buy in person but their pants are true to size.

Todays clothing is weird.  Maternity clothes are too form fitting  and tight and non- maternity clothing is baggy tops over skinny stretchy pants.  Fashion is upsidedown.

Trusted Contributor

@tockerman, as with @Carmie, I am not a huge fan of stretch pants. I like them (and leggings) for exercise, outdoors duties (hahahaha)and more casual wear, but prefer a nice tailored trouser any day.

Shopping networks appear to be big promoters of stretch pants because, in my opinion, they can accommodate more sizes, especially "in between" sizes.  I don't order tailored pants online (well, hardly ever) because, for trousers, the perfect fit is a requirement in my books.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

L.L. Bean may make pants like you are looking for.  Also try Vermont Country Store.  Both carry sort of retro clothing itmes.

Honored Contributor

Retro clothing.  Ha!  When I was a teenager back in the 70's only the older women wore elastic waist stretch pants .... Mostly polyester and spandex, just like the clothing worn today.

I can't seem to wear the new "fresh" styles worn by my mother and aunts way, way back in time.  pants with patterns and flowers really take me back.

I suppose if you live long enough, you will see the same styles come in and out of fashion.

i just returned from vacation and noticed tins of teenagers wearing white socks with those black rubber beach slides.  I had to laugh,  way too funny.

Woman's trousers are classic and basic items.

Respected Contributor

I'm smiling because QVC shoppers have a hard enough time getting a fit with stretch.  No stretch undoubtedly leads to really high return rates.  The Q used to carry an office-friendly line called Dialogue that sold pants in numerical sizes, zippers, buttons no/or limited spandex.  That line has been gone a long time.  I suspect many women meet their need for tailored pieces in B&M stores where you can try things on to be sure.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I'm smiling because QVC shoppers have a hard enough time getting a fit with stretch.  No stretch undoubtedly leads to really high return rates.  The Q used to carry an office-friendly line called Dialogue that sold pants in numerical sizes, zippers, buttons no/or limited spandex.  That line has been gone a long time.  I suspect many women meet their need for tailored pieces in B&M stores where you can try things on to be sure.

I was just going to mention Dialogue.  I still have some hanging in my closet.  They were well-made, but even many offices don't expect you to wear tailored clothes anymore.

They always reminded me of the wonderful slacks stylish and sophisticated men and women wore in movies (think Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Retro clothing.  Ha!  When I was a teenager back in the 70's only the older women wore elastic waist stretch pants .... Mostly polyester and spandex, just like the clothing worn today.

I can't seem to wear the new "fresh" styles worn by my mother and aunts way, way back in time.  pants with patterns and flowers really take me back.

I suppose if you live long enough, you will see the same styles come in and out of fashion.

i just returned from vacation and noticed tins of teenagers wearing white socks with those black rubber beach slides.  I had to laugh,  way too funny.

When I was a young teen & really getting interested in clothes, my mother told me fashion cycles back in again, except the designers change them just enough that you can't wear the items you might have saved.  Guess what?  She was right.

Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

When I was a young teen & really getting interested in clothes, my mother told me fashion cycles back in again, except the designers change them just enough that you can't wear the items you might have saved.  Guess what?  She was right.

I do not see the emphasis on stretchy polyester-based pants with no waistband and big sloppy tops as any kind of fashion statement that the industry is trying to make.  It is marketing move which responds to the fact that the average American customer is a size 14 or larger.  Retailers want to stock what sells, and these items sell.  

Frequent Contributor

I have been looking for a more tailored pant as well. I like the look of these, but they are too expensive, $169. I know most will say they are old fashioned or matronly, but I think they look nice.

Seasonless Wool Pleat Trousers

Pendleton Pants

I, too, have some from Christopher and Banks that I like. Also, a pair from the Dress Barn.