Honored Contributor

Re: do you wear flannel pajama pants in public?

I found it!!! Mine was in white-late 60's.. it was the rage at Myrtle Beach, rollers or not....

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

no

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

On 12/29/2014 house_cat said:
On 12/29/2014 colliegirls said:

College students seem to do this on campus. I haven't seen it anywhere else (thankfully).

The HS kids here do, as well. I teach in a JHS. We have a strict dress code, so this doesn't happen.

Last year, my dad asked me to stop at a FF restaurant for him. It was right off the I-5 freeway near my house. There were two couples, sitting at two separate tables and all of them were wearing pajamas. Not one couple, but TWO. I was dumbfounded. I told DH when I got home and he said, "Maybe it's because it's off the freeway, people are traveling and want to be comfortable." Whaaaaa? It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon! I think it's a symptom of how careless our society has become about too many things.

I don't think it has anything to do with a "careless society". It's simply a current trend. No different than ladies wearing curlers, shapeless housedresses or muu muus in days gone by. Sometimes we tend to think every silly fad these days is the epitome of a failing society. We need to remember there were some pretty awful fashion fads years ago too.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Pants on the ground is and will forever be the worse fashion whatever in history! Pull those pants up!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 12/29/2014 house_cat said:
On 12/29/2014 colliegirls said:

College students seem to do this on campus. I haven't seen it anywhere else (thankfully).

The HS kids here do, as well. I teach in a JHS. We have a strict dress code, so this doesn't happen.

Last year, my dad asked me to stop at a FF restaurant for him. It was right off the I-5 freeway near my house. There were two couples, sitting at two separate tables and all of them were wearing pajamas. Not one couple, but TWO. I was dumbfounded. I told DH when I got home and he said, "Maybe it's because it's off the freeway, people are traveling and want to be comfortable." Whaaaaa? It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon! I think it's a symptom of how careless our society has become about too many things.

I don't think it has anything to do with a "careless society". It's simply a current trend. No different than ladies wearing curlers, shapeless housedresses or muu muus in days gone by. Sometimes we tend to think every silly fad these days is the epitome of a failing society. We need to remember there were some pretty awful fashion fads years ago too.

I don't agree. Leaving the house in the clothes you slept in is a sloppy habit. Are they brushing their teeth and washing their faces? You would think if you have the sense to brush your teeth and wash up, you would have the sense to change into fresh clothing.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I don't own any flannel pajamas.

Respected Contributor

Where I live, flip flops and pj bottoms are seen year round - unfortunately.

Trusted Contributor

I do not go out in public in pajama bottoms. I retired to a small town in Tennessee and unfortunately I see it all the time. There was an article in our paper, written by a local business owner, discussing difficulties in finding qualified employees, who said he frequently sees young people come in to fill out applications and for interviews wearing flannel pajama pants.

Valued Contributor

I worked in a state office for 30 years and it was unbelievable what people dressed in when they came in......and, no, it was not the welfare dept....before anyone asks.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

I never wear them in public, but I see teens and young twenties in my city wearing them in public often.