Honored Contributor

Re: do you wear flannel pajama pants in public?

I had a myriad of "People of Walmart" pics I could've posted, but that's way too easy!!

Honored Contributor

It just isn't right...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

A couple of weeks ago, I was informed by my team leader that I was expected to wear my pajamas to work. (I'm a middle school teacher, and this is a first for me.) She and a few others thought it was a great idea, and the administrators believe it's our job to entertain our students. I didn't want to do it, but I played along because I'm expected to be a part of the team. By the end of the week, several students were wearing pajamas to school. It's against the dress code, but since the teachers wore pajamas, they believe that they should be able to wear them.

This is a new administration for me. Every other week the teachers are expected to dress up in a "tacky" outfit to "promote school spirit." Other area administrators focus on teaching and learning. Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be an opening at one of those schools for me! Anybody who voices opposition to these dress up days is accused of being old and out of touch.

Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 VaBelle35 said:
On 12/29/2014 Peachysue said:

NO way!!!

We stayed at a really nice Holiday Inn over Christmas.. gorgeous lobby so I was filling our traveling cups from the coffee stand in the lobby, off the elevator came a lady in her pajamas, robe and house slippers... any opinions on this? I personally would never do anything like that.. she looked like she'd just rolled out of bed..

My first job at 18 was in a Hilton hotel in DC. This is nothing! I've seen worse.

I'll just bet you did! I was shocked yet not, make sense? Our room was main lobby, right across from the coffee stand, I still wouldn't have done that but I'm weird.. hahahaha

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 Goldengate8361 said: As you may recall, Michael Jackson wore PJ bottoms to court.....

Points for wearing a Blazer!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Trusted Contributor

No, but when I was 16 all the girls went downtown on Saturday looking like this

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

No, I never have. And I've never seen anyone else do it either.

Super Contributor

Oh, hel*l no! That's disgusting. There's no reason to leave your house slovenly.
Trusted Contributor

Never, and never will.

I also live in a cold climate and am amazed at how people dress. I see people of all ages in pajama pants, shorts, and flip flops. I know we try to resist winter as long as possible, but it is cod out there. so many students wore them to school that we had to make a rule prohibiting them. You would think common sense would have made that unnecessary.

Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 colliegirls said:
On 12/29/2014 sidsmom said:

My husband and I were just talking about how women our mother's and grandmother's generations used to go to the grocery store in the curlers!! Never could figure out the reason for that!!

There were no hot rollers or curling irons then - you set your hair wet and /or with a styling gel and waited for it to dry then took out the curlers. Most ladies slept in those curlers.I was lucky to have fine hair that dries quickly so I could get up and shower - set my hair and have breakfast while wearing my bonnet hair dryer - my hair would dry in about 15 min - for most ladies though it took hours.My Mom was Italian and had thick hair like Antonellas and many nights it didn't dry all night and she would have to sit under a dryer in the morning. Things are much easier today.