Honored Contributor

Re: do you shop outfits or separates?

Jeans are just about I wear anywhere so seperates unless I need something for a wedding or special occasion.

Honored Contributor

This is the last outfit that I bought- skirt and jacket (although I don't tuck it in like that).

Image result for rebecca minkoff callie skirt

Honored Contributor

I don't buy outfits.  

Everything I have goes with something else I have.  

Honored Contributor

I used to shop for an entire outfit at one time.  Top, bottom, shoes, jewelry.  

Now, I just browse for nothing in particular, and when I see a nice top or item that I feel will be very good with something else I alread have, then I pounce on it!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Wish I could learn to buy seperates, I'm terrible at picking up something like a new item then not having anything to go with that color.   Example, new cardigan sweater, teal blue, no idea what I have to wear underneath.  SO, I end up buying alot of clothes that go together but not interchangable, know what I mean LOL   I heard to pick a few colors for your wardrobe and stick with that, then everything goes together, gonna try that. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I worked in an office, I usually bought outfits or suits.  

The last few years, I always shop separates, keeping in mind what's at home in my closet. Since I live in jeans - either blue, black, or gray - almost any top works.  But I do prefer solids over patterns.  It was a big leap for me to buy a plaid blazer recently.  I may return it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Justshop wrote:
Separates, definitely. Neutral bottoms...black/navy/gray/brown....so any tops go with.

@Justshop 

Exactly what I do. 

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm honestly surprised there are no outfit shoppers! I think it's a sign of the times that we're in and have been for decades now. When I was a little girl shopping for clothing was something you didn't do regularly but maybe twice a year. I'm sure in those days women were shopping with an eye towards outfits because there wasn't a mall every 5 or 10 miles and no online shopping

@AndreatooI confess, outfit shopper all the way.Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Since I am retired, I always buy separates.  I am able to mix and match with my other clothes.  I dress very casually and comfortable.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  That outfit is adorable.  Love the pink color too.  When I was a kid my favorite color was pink.

kindness is strength