Honored Contributor

do you shop outfits or separates?

It occured to me this morning when I got dressed that I actually shopped the top and bottoms to go together (or not) but how exceedingly rare it is for me to do that !

when I shop a top or pants I don't look for something to go with it because I own plenty of basics and probably because I don't purchase a lot of prints.

How do you shop?

Respected Contributor

Re: do you shop outfits or separates?

Separates.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @Spacrazy 

Sort of both.  If I am looking for casual clothes, I look for separates. If it is something I will wear to a business or social function, I will look for matchy-matchy, sotospeak.  

However,I am guilty of buying things that catch my eye without regard to what I will wear with it.  Big problem I have in that department.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Oh, trust me @Nonametoday it ain’t easy for me, either. Hahaha, I need all the help I can get !!

Honored Contributor

I shop for separates which will coordinate with other pieces in my closet. If I find something in a store, or online, it has to go with at least three other pieces in my wardrobe before making the purchase, otherwise I don't buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

Separates.  When I was working I tried shopping more for outfits, but I find that I almost always have something I already own to match what I am buying.

Respected Contributor

Mostly separates, unless a top or bottom is a unique color, then I try to match it at that time

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

Separates

Respected Contributor

Separates.

I might buy two things together with an outfit in mind, but I generally won't buy if I can't mix and match the pieces.

Respected Contributor

I shop separates but I also sometimes buy something that catches my eye without any thought of what it will go with.