Highlighted
Respected Contributor

do you like bell/flared sleeves on your

sweaters, blouses?

i tend to avoid them, finding them distracting when not covered up and a bit hard to deal with under a blazer, etc.

there might be a special case or two - i remember when Louis D'O did those wonderful embroidered sweaters with matching embroidered jackets, he made it all work. the flare was just right.

thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: do you like bell/flared sleeves on your

No, I find them annoying 🙃

Respected Contributor

I like them well enough in small doses.  Not if they are too exaggerated and I want them to be bracelet length so they are not in the way.

Honored Contributor

No.  I wouldn't buy anything with that sleeve treatment.  Just not my style.

Honored Contributor

I just never warmed up to that style. I favor a simpler, more tailored style.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I'm wearing a top with bell sleeves right now. 

They're great, unless I'm trying to wash my hands or eat, then they can be awkward.I try to choose carefully so I don't wind up with wet wrists or my sleeves in my salad.

Honored Contributor

I have one Linea sweater and it's nice and that is enough.  I have a couple of blouses with a ruffle on the sleeve, but the sleeve isn't long enough for it to be a bother.   Have all I need and don't like those with way too much fabric on the "bell sleeve".  Plus my arms are short.  Actually, I don't like anything that is too "trendy."

Frequent Contributor

I am OK with flared sleeves if they are not too big.  It is frustrating to try to get those sleeves under jackets and sweaters.  So I only like them when it’s not cold outside.

Honored Contributor

I have one top I love.  It really needed a "softer" sleeve.  I'm done!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I like them well enough in small doses.  Not if they are too exaggerated and I want them to be bracelet length so they are not in the way.

@KathyM23 i agree -  not too long, indeed!  we got quite a dose of this style over the last year and i see GILI is featuring it again.  i am passing.