Honored Contributor

Re: deceptive fashion presentation of new Halston boyfriend cardigan A351189

@NYCLatinaMe I can tell by the way the fabric drapes on Brenda that the sweater is pulled back.  The front hem also rises in the middle where the buttons are.  In that this is a "boyfriend" fit, the fit won't be a traditional one.

Talbots has traditional cartigans.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe , @Katcat1 , if I find a shoe I like on the Q, I will look for it on shoes dot com.  For most of the shoes I’ve looked at, they tell how the shoe sizing runs.  I’ve bought a couple of pairs of Dansko from Q after reviewing on the shoes dot com site.  One shoe was true to size, the other I went down a size.  Of course, this doesn’t work for shoes “exclusive” to the Q or sor shoe brands shoes dot com doesn’t carry.

Esteemed Contributor

At first glance, I thought "what cute sweater' until I saw the back.  Too much going on.  Definitely would need to wear something underneath, if you're not going to wear it open.  Even the vendor had a tee on underneath.  Boyfriend anything pretty much means oversized.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always try to read reviews before ordering. They can give you a feel for the product. QVC doesn't always have reviews for new items. I have almost convinced myself to use B and M stores to actually try on shoes and garments and pick out items that better resonate with me. Impulse buying isn't always the best especially if it doesn't match my lifestyle. I don't buy much apparel from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe , @Katcat1 , if I find a shoe I like on the Q, I will look for it on shoes dot com.  For most of the shoes I’ve looked at, they tell how the shoe sizing runs.  I’ve bought a couple of pairs of Dansko from Q after reviewing on the shoes dot com site.  One shoe was true to size, the other I went down a size.  Of course, this doesn’t work for shoes “exclusive” to the Q or sor shoe brands shoes dot com doesn’t carry.

@MJDinVegas 

I like that website! Two or three times I've seen something on television and gone there and picked it up cheaper. They always seem to have a large percentage off going on

Esteemed Contributor

@MJDinVegas thanks for the info!

Trusted Contributor

Both the vendor and the host were wearing the same cardigan with tanks underneath. I could clearly judge were the neckline falls. I don't think Brenda was "staged" with the cardigan purposely set back off her shoulders. Of course the camera was trained on the back detail, and as for Brenda barely moving...yep that's Brenda Smiley Wink

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A boyfriend anything is going to be very relaxed and oversized.  Someone may choose to wear this item with nothing underneath and be fine but even if the neckline was up higher, it's so loose you'd have to be very careful bending over because the entire garment would fall out and expose everything. 

I don't think Brenda or the hosts were trying to deceive anyone.  I think the back of this garment, because of the extra panel, and the fact it's overized, was causing this to creep back and pull up.  I've had items that have done this before and it drives me nuts because I spent all day adjusting and pulling the sweater forward.  

I think Mary and the vendor were wearing it with something under it to make the sweater "stick" in place and prevent that sliding.