Esteemed Contributor

deceptive fashion presentation of new Halston boyfriend cardigan A351189

just watching AM Style with Mary Nelson when they presented A351189.  I do really well with Halston and was interested in purchasing this item, so i watched carefully.  Mary and the vendor pointed out that model Brenda was wearing it with nothing underneath and that the neckline was not too low for It to be worn that way. When Brenda turned around for a close up to show the woven panel on the back, the camera went no higher than her elbows.  Brenda barely moved the whole presentation, but at some point they did a long shot, and Brenda twirled around quickly before the shot went away.  and i saw that she was wearing the garment's shoulders around the shoulder blades, which would obviously make the neckline in the front appear higher.  the garment cant be worn this way in real life, as it will shift from that position.

this of course makes me wonder what else they do to modify the appearance of the garments without letting us know.  their representation of the front neckline was inaccurate.  this is why i like to see the models move.

ps- i pulled up the item on the qvc website and saw it was huge below the armpits.  i couln't even see this during the presentation even though Brenda, the vendor and the host all wore the cardigan, because none of them raised their arms.  the model on the website had a hand on her hip so i could see how big it was below the armpit.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: deceptive fashion presentation of new Halston boyfriend cardigan A351189

I agree.  I ike to be able to see the cut of the arm hole.  I think that this is the fault of the host for not pointing this out. 

Last night while watching Antonella, she came right out and asked the models "what do you think? would you need to wear a tank under?  Is the neck too low?"  Then she said, come on girls tell the truth, we are girlfriends here shopping together.  We have to help each other out.  If they are being honest or not, I don't know, but I appreciated her asking them. 

It puts the Halston rep in a bad position if she has to sell something that is ill fitting.  I couldn't do it if I had to be dishonest.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

going to have to check out this item!

i am always looking for clothing tops on qvc that have a lower neckline instead of the modified necklines that they tend to show.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

just watching AM Style with Mary Nelson when they presented A351189.  I do really well with Halston and was interested in purchasing this item, so i watched carefully.  Mary and the vendor pointed out that model Brenda was wearing it with nothing underneath and that the neckline was not too low for It to be worn that way. When Brenda turned around for a close up to show the woven panel on the back, the camera went no higher than her elbows.  Brenda barely moved the whole presentation, but at some point they did a long shot, and Brenda twirled around quickly before the shot went away.  and i saw that she was wearing the garment's shoulders around the shoulder blades, which would obviously make the neckline in the front appear higher.  the garment cant be worn this way in real life, as it will shift from that position.

this of course makes me wonder what else they do to modify the appearance of the garments without letting us know.  their representation of the front neckline was inaccurate.  this is why i like to see the models move.

ps- i pulled up the item on the qvc website and saw it was huge below the armpits.  i couln't even see this during the presentation even though Brenda, the vendor and the host all wore the cardigan, because none of them raised their arms.  the model on the website had a hand on her hip so i could see how big it was below the armpit.

@NYCLatinaMe 

Your right!!!

Just like when I see only XXS small models wearing something and other size models have been on the set earlier---that sends up red flags---that must be the only sizes that garment looks good on.....XXS

And body builders are second to all the poses that QVC models do...the models constantly flex their legs, or point their toes---someone said they look like flamingos---it makes you wonder how the clothes, especially pants look with legs straight and feet flat on the floor....do the pants, capris, skorts, skirts, and dresses make one look bigger in the hips and/or thighs???...is that what this posing all about????? Sorry I don't go around posing....I want to see how clothes look realistically....

And your so right about how large the area is below the arm pits...I've been burned on that before....

Sizing is sometimes inaccurate too on click here measurements on the website....

I laugh at the free exchanges---normally size and color is sold out, and even if available----size down its too small--size up its too big--In particular, Isaac & D&C....been there done that

There are only a couple of designers on QVC I trust anymore..I used to buy quite a few clothes from QVC when sizing was consistent, and they had more variety in designers and styles....Now pretty much all QVC's clothing lines look alike, there's little variety....can they make a straight hem, are all pants wide legs now, hate peplum, cold shoulders....Woman Tongue

I got tired of losing $10 everytime I sent something back ($6.95 return label +3.50 original shipping)....

I buy other categories from QVC now.....they chased me away from their clothing....WTG QVC Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I'm sorry but I don't see it. I watched the video and it looks like a boyfriend cardigan, oversized, that can be worn over a shirt or not!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

I'm sorry but I don't see it. I watched the video and it looks like a boyfriend cardigan, oversized, that can be worn over a shirt or not!

same here @Andreatoo .

watched the video and love the oversized look with the longer V neck.

i think i am going to try it out in the black to start.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

It's cute but I would have preferred it without that extra woven piece in the back. Ten bucks says the original design didn't have it but the buyers insisted on it!?

Respected Contributor

I remember years ago there were often comments on this topic,  adjusting garments on the models for a better fit and look.  Once there was a case of clips being used on the back of the garment to improve the overall look.  A viewer noticed it when the model was leaving the camera shot before she should have.  Now, the models usually give a 360 degree pose, maybe not always.  If adjustments are made, to me, that is deceptive advertising. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

both the host and presenter stated the neckline was not low based on how it looked on model Brenda.  yes, not too low if you wear the garment shoulders on the back!

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic 

Like using tape on the back of your neck to make it look like you have no sagging in the front?! Just once I'd like to see that 70 + year old model turn around in her chair!