Valued Contributor

If you only knew how many fleece sherpa coats I have bought over the years you would be surprised  I think they are great  Last year I gave most of them to the poor because I had them so long  I couldnt wait to buy todays plaid until i saw the 99 dollar price tag  I dont think I ever paid over 50 so this knocked me out   Do you think the price id fair?  Maybe its me

Honored Contributor

In doing a search for fleece sherpa coats, several D&C options came up with a variety of prices.

Honored Contributor

The ones I saw today, they were calling them 'coats' and the fabric appeared to be substantial...not lightweight. I'm guessing that might be the reason for the higher cost. but I can't say for sure without seeing it in person.

Super Contributor

I too have purchased many of these kinds of coats from both D&Co and Susan Graver (I think she called hers "bonded fleece").  I have never paid more than $60.00 BUT these purchases were years ago and everything has gone up in price on the Q.  Today's TSV, for example, at $35.00 is not a real value for a chenille sweatshirt.  Graver's line was always a little higher $$ but D&Co has really jacked the prices of all their apparel up from several years ago.  That's why I rarely buy from the Q.  I get much better deals online from Christopher and Banks, and their clothes are similar quality (if not better)...plus free S/H with their credit card.  

Contributor

I agree 100% ! !

Denim & Co prices have really gone overboard big time! I and my friends are shopping less and less because of these outrageous prices! 

Oh and I love how they say, “the jacket is a steal at $99 plus shipping and tax and hey buy more then one if you like”! Haha for a fleece!  Also, their tops and jeans are getting waaay over priced too...$53 for a long sleeve t shirt maybe has a button on the sleeve...jeeeeze! 

Come on QVC! You are loosing more customers every day! JMO

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: d and co jacket

[ Edited ]

If it's the plaid, D&C's highest price coat at $93, did you read the reviews?  There are 38 five star out of 48 reviews, none below 3.  Most say it is very warm.  Main complaint is snaps not sewn on properly and falling off.  

I wouldn't know if the coat is worth the price until I saw it and tried it on.  

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

If you only knew how many fleece sherpa coats I have bought over the years you would be surprised  I think they are great  Last year I gave most of them to the poor because I had them so long  I couldnt wait to buy todays plaid until i saw the 99 dollar price tag  I dont think I ever paid over 50 so this knocked me out   Do you think the price id fair?  Maybe its me

@mollymaggie. I'd attribute a good chunk of what appears to be an excess price to tariffs.  There have been at least 3 increases on clothing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, From what I read in my paper a short while ago, we can now expect tariffs on certain “luxury goods” imported from Europe.  I really don’t know much more.