Honored Contributor

I was at Chicos today and they had a beautiful no iron white shirt in tunic and regular length.  They were beautifully sewn!

The sales person said she washes it, shakes it out and hangs it!

Lenae Shirt

The Leana shirt comes in white $89.00, now 40% off, $53. and change.

You"ll have to put it in the search bar.

Esteemed Contributor

As I got older....and heavier and shorter...I lost my neck..sad but true...I use to be able to find nice crisp white blouses that looked so nice on me...Now all the colars are so big...No, I don't "pop" the colar...haven't done that since Elvis hit the scene in the 50's...

With the larger colars...and my shorter neck...I look like a darn turtle sticking out..not pretty...and very dissapointing...

Honored Contributor

Crisp white blouse = ironing.  To be crisp they must be 100% cotton and that means wrinkled mess after wearing and washing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: crisp white blouse

[ Edited ]

@circles wrote:

As I got older....and heavier and shorter...I lost my neck..sad but true...I use to be able to find nice crisp white blouses that looked so nice on me...Now all the colars are so big...No, I don't "pop" the colar...haven't done that since Elvis hit the scene in the 50's...

With the larger colars...and my shorter neck...I look like a darn turtle sticking out..not pretty...and very dissapointing...

Well, circles, there are always things to do to improve your look with not much effort.  Have you talked to your hairdresser?  Have you tried various types of shirts to find the most flattering neckline?  What about a V neck?  I guarantee you'll find something that will make you look your best if you try on various styles.

I never buy white shirts because they look good for a day.  During that first wearing, I get some food or dirt or something on the shirt or pants and they're never the same again.  If I knew how to get all kinds of stains out, it might be different.  I just avoid white.

Valued Contributor

Brooks Brothers has the best quality and tailoring. If you wait for a sale you can do okay price wise. They are wrinkle resistant too!

Respected Contributor

I am sitting here thinking that I have never even owned a "crisp white shirt". But, how about LL bean or Lands End? And, I am sure some of the designers at the dept. stores would even have at least one or two that would not wrinkle like crazy. Or, how about White House/ Black Market? 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions! I do my shopping online as I don't live near any brick and mortar stores.

Honored Contributor

Foxcroft makes many styles of blouses, including classic ones   They are no-iron and pricey at retail, but I've bought all mine on sales.  I've seen them both in department stores and larger boutiques.   If you Google Foxcroft you should be able to find a place near you that sells the line.   They do solids and prints - many styles as I mentioned.  Something for everyone. 

Trusted Contributor

My absolute favorite white crisp blouses (which are 100% cotton) are from Talbots and Lafayette 148 (but only on sale and deeply discounted).  I used to starch and iron (which I enjoyed) but now take them to the cleaners for "heavy starch."  That means, I don't wear them weekly but often enough to warrant the purchase. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Crisp white blouse = ironing.  To be crisp they must be 100% cotton and that means wrinkled mess after wearing and washing.

@Kachina624I use spray sizing and get great results.  It's softer than starch.