Honored Contributor

Re: coronavirus & all the clothes made in china...

@bonnielu wrote:

Thinking the same thing.  Wondering how safe their products are.  And we have no choice as I can see it.  Looks like everything is made in China

@bonnielu, do you mean safe from harboring the virus? Because viruses don't live long on surfaces. It is highly unlikely if not impossible to contract from imported goods.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

It is hard to see how for this might impact. I know several people who are rethinking summer travel plans to Europe. Their concern:not being able to get back in the US because of exposure in airports or plane.

What do you all think? Would you worry about travelling to Europe?

No way in h*ll would we even get on a plane going any where or ship for that matter. In these uncertain times you have to have a screw loose to even contemplate such a thing.  Not worth it to me.

@SharkE, I have a cruise planned for the end of April and unless it is canceled, I most certainly will be on a flight to Florida and be on that ship.  

I will not give in to the panic as so many are.  

#IguessIhaveascrewlossandidon'tcare    

@Lipstickdiva Really?  Aren't there things you need to panic about?  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

"Crisis??"

Ah, don't think so....

As of today, the CDC only has a Level 1 Warning for travel to Italy which means to practice usual precautions.  

Every day there has been large gatherings of people.

Stadiums,

churches,

convention centers,

airplanes,

etc.

Not sure why a boat would pose any special add'l risk. 🤷‍♀️
@Lipstickdiva  Have fun on your trip.

#GetYourFluShot

#WashYourHands

#EatMoreKale🙃

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

It is hard to see how for this might impact. I know several people who are rethinking summer travel plans to Europe. Their concern:not being able to get back in the US because of exposure in airports or plane.

No way in h*ll would we even get on a plane going any where or ship for that matter. In these uncertain times you have to have a screw loose to even contemplate such a thing.  Not worth it to me.

@SharkE, I have a cruise planned for the end of April and unless it is canceled, I most certainly will be on a flight to Florida and be on that ship.  

Well it looks like the stock markets are in a panic.

I really don't think being cautious should be called "giving into panic"  I am sure those people who were stuck on a cruise ship wish they had been cautious.

Honored Contributor

I switched to buying only American made products years ago. So I won't be inconvenienced at all with any shortages from China.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I switched to buying only American made products years ago. So I won't be inconvenienced at all with any shortages from China.

@ID2  Good for you. Smart move. I’m glad that you are able to find everything you use, etc made in America.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2  Good for you. Smart move. I’m glad that you are able to find everything you use, etc made in America.

😂😂😂

....as you're typing on an electronic device either

manufactured and/or parts Made In China.

Ahhhh, love the Keyboard Patriotism.

Just can't make this stuff up.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

😂😂😂

....as you're typing on an electronic device either

manufactured and/or parts Made In China.

Ahhhh, love the Keyboard Patriotism.

Just can't make this stuff up.

@sidsmom.  Said poster has posted time and again she only buys cars made in America and I think we know all parts are not from America. Sometimes posters just want a pat on the back instead of being laughed at. 

Respected Contributor

this is why we have to be careful we have capacity to manufacture critical supplies here at home.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Sooner, can't think of anything off the top of my head.  LOL