Honored Contributor

Re: cold shoulder etc. styles ?

@Katcat1
I know exactly what you're talking about because I had a dress with the same feature at least twenty years ago for a friend's wedding. I was her maid of honor and we picked it out together. It was a drape effect with straps. I guess cold shoulders been around longer than we thought LOL
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

personally that style will be gone soon.Besides I think its for the very young.

Honored Contributor

I used to think those would be "so 2012" or whenever I first noticed them, so I passed.  Now they seem stronger than ever.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like them!  I hope they go out of style soon because I do see a lot of cute tops and sweaters that I would buy if they were not cold shoulder!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the look, on me, or on anyone I have seen wearing it. It's just a miss, as far as I am concerned. I certainly wouldn't tell the people I see wearing cold shoulder styles that I think their chosen style is not a good look, however. To each their own.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I am not so vehemently opposed to the cold shoulder as some of you espouse.  I have one and only one top that looks like a spaghetti strap top from the chest up, but does have low sleeves attached.  I probably won't be adding another anytime soon, but I do have the right shoulders to sport this style and actually the few times I have worn it always seem to get compliments.   

570167186_763_large.jpg   

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz
Of course you get compliments! That is hot! And of course I love the color LOL
unfortunately I couldn't wear it because I detest strapless bras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

I am not so vehemently opposed to the cold shoulder as some of you espouse.  I have one and only one top that looks like a spaghetti strap top from the chest up, but does have low sleeves attached.  I probably won't be adding another anytime soon, but I do have the right shoulders to sport this style and actually the few times I have worn it always seem to get compliments.   

570167186_763_large.jpg   

That looks stunning on her Magic.  But, overall...I do not like them.  

This is so different from many I have seen and do not like.  The ones I don't like are the ones wtih the big, round cut outs.  This is unique and she looks fabulous!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"