Honored Contributor

Re: cold shoulder etc. styles ?

Chicos had several during the last few months.  They didn't move.  Most ladies said they didn't like them.

Valued Contributor

I like them, but in the summer, I would get too cold in winter! 

Honored Contributor

I don't like them and wouldn't wear them. I have seen a lot of them out there in the marketplace. I saw a woman wearing one in the doctor's office a few months ago; didn't like the look. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do like some of the cold shoulder tops as I have broad shoulders. What I don't like is an exagerated cutout so that it shows more than your shoulder. I saw a young woman with a red plaid cold shoulder lumberjack shirt but instead of a cold shoulder, she was showing off her beefy upper arms.

Valued Contributor

No, I don't care for the look. Same goes for keyholes in the front. Either show some skin or cover up; none of that peek-a-boo- here's two inches of skin.

Honored Contributor

They are in all the stores now too.   Honestly, Slinky has been doing them for at least 10 years.  But now they are everywhere and they'v morphed from summer wear to year round wear.  I don't like the look so you won't find any in my closet.

Esteemed Contributor

Chrystaltree is right about the timeline.  About ten years ago Slinky (HSN) and George Simonton (QVC) were the only lines I saw with cold shouldered tops.  SInce then the style has crept into all levels of fashion lines from the lowest end up to the high end chic brands.  It seems to be red hot right now. I've tried to like it, but have never kept a purchased cold shoulder item.  I have narrow shoulders and slender Pilates trained upper arms, so my dislike isn't based on the style not being flattering on me.  It's just one of those things (similar to how I feel about 3/4 length sleeves). 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I've been seeing them everywhere too. I'm not a fan. To me, they look gimmicky and cheap.

I do not care for them either. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I see them more then ever lately...I don't like them at all...they do not look good on anyone I have seen...To me they look like someone forgot to sew the arm to the shoulder....or they look like they are torn.....

I have to say I dislike the 3/4 sleeve....but I dislike the cold shoulder  even more....lol....

I love 3/4 sleeves!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The only look I liked is when Princess Diana wore a black dress and it was cold shoulder but actually was strapless but had the very short sleeves that were slightly hanging down (bad description, I know) but if you remember her getting out of the car and walking into the affair, she was stunning. :catvery-happy:  The other cold shoulder mess is just that -- a mess !      Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength