Respected Contributor

Re: cold shoulder etc. styles ?

This style, like others comes and goes. Not a fan but I would rather see this return than those muffin-top pants.

Honored Contributor

Not at all a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

Like others have said, I like the style on others, but I wouldn't wear cold shoulders myself.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Cold-shoulder tops have their place and time. IMO they don't belong in a professional environment like an office-setting or bank. To me these kinds of tops should be worn at parties and night time events. I don't think they belong in front of cameras on national tv. I'm no prude...just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

I'm seeing them more than ever in the stores this season (which could mean they're going out of style soon; it often works that way lol).

I think they're pretty for weekend or party wear. I only have one, but I enjoy wearing it. I try to avoid overinvesting in a trend.

My DIL wears them often, and she looks terrific in them! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I once said I might reconsider if I saw a cold should dress or top in leather. Maybe I will be looking for something like this.

coldShoulderLthrDress.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like them depending on the style of the rest of the shirt.

I wore one yesterday that was studed and blingy on front of the shirt...being cold out since it was a button up shirt - I put a fancy turtleneck under it with a belt that had similar bling on it and got a ton of compliments.  I know wearing a shirt under it that matches defeats the purpose but I like the bling..lol

I also wear them with sleeveness turtlenecks..

It little bit of something for everybody out there.

Honored Contributor

The only positive thing I've ever heard about this cold shoulder style is that "shoulders never age", so when we can no longer show bat wing arms or flabby legs, this is the style to go for....but not MY style!

Respected Contributor

i'm not a big fan of cold shoulder myself, but i did buy a black cold shoulder jumpsuit.  it has a short flared sleeve and is black crepe so it is very dressy.  it is gorgeus on.  that's the only one that i'm going to buy.

Honored Contributor

I don't see a lot of it around now as much as I did a few years ago.  

Several years ago, I tried two tops .... one from Simonton (turtleneck) and one SG liquid knit  top.  I ended removing the sleeves entirely.  Now that they are sleeveless, I wear them under jackets and sweaters.

Just not for me ...