Respected Contributor

cardigans-boyfriend or duster length

I am short and prefer boyfriend length.  But as I look at winter fashions I see more dusters.  Any choice for you?

Respected Contributor

Re: cardigans-boyfriend or duster length

I am tall and thin so I like the long duster look but I also think the boyfriend lenght is flattering especially for Fall when you don't really need a coat but you need something on top for a little bit of warmth.

Honored Contributor

I'm short...5-3 and those duster-length garments just overwhelm me. I prefer BF-length.

If you are pear-shaped, you should not wear either of these lengths...fyi.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm 5' 7" and love the long duster length.  I have a sheer summer one (H by Halston), and a slightly heavier weight one (Soft Surroundings) for the cooler months.

Honored Contributor

I'm short and have what I've finally decided to call a B&B figure - pretty much all bust and belly.  I've never tried on a duster I liked on me, but occasionally I can find a boyfriend that fits.  I prefer shorter though - and I have all the multi-length hems I will ever need.

It's not a sweater really but I bought the Denim & Co. lace-sleeved blouse a few weeks back - it's a summer sweater for me and I'll pack it to take to Florida for the winter. I just measured it -  26" from neckline to bottom, a perfect length for me. 

Honored Contributor

I love a duster length and I'm a long legged mere 5'2"

But in the interest of full disclosure I'm not a sweater/cardigan gal. Love a long vest or jacket/coat  (more structure)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like different lengths. It really depends on the cut & fabric of the item.

I usually prefer cardigans shorter than boyfriend length but that is largely because boyfriend styles are usually over-sized & that look overwhelms my small frame. A slimmer cut in boyfriend length will work well for me.

Same with duster length. I have a few dusters and duster-length vests that are lighter fabrics, slimmer in cut, not huge ones with tons of fabric and/or heavier, bulky fabric. The slimmer ones look great, generally worn with slim cut pants/jeans. 

Respected Contributor

I wear the classic, preppy cardigan. This one is from Vineyard Vines.

View photo 1

Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I wear the classic, preppy cardigan. This one is from Vineyard Vines.

View photo 1

I don;t care for the duster type sweaters or boyfriend...i like the classic length sweaters.....

Respected Contributor

I'm 5' 8" and I like them all.

I like to wear duster length as a coat when I'm wearing a dress.