Honored Contributor

I get my blazers and cardigans at Talbots as well. I have to have the sleeves adjusted on blazers, so I make sure that there are no embellishments on the sleeves. It eliminates a good portion of blazers as most have buttons and faux button flaps under them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 Goldengate8361 said: Talbots and Susan Graver are my two favorites--and I wear blazers and cardigans most every day.

I was going to suggest Talbots too. They offer petite and women's petite sizes which is great for those of us who need shorter lengths as well as shorter long sleeves to accommodate petites. They are a bit pricey but have sales all the time!

Respected Contributor
On 10/6/2014 Beccaboone2 said:

I am petite and short-waisted. I disagree with the poster who said Linea jackets do not work for petites - many of them do. My favorite jackets are Linea jackets, many of which did not need alterations. You have to know what length works best for you. Joan Rivers jackets are also another favorite that consistently fit well. Talbots also carries petite jackets but those can be hit or miss with me. I truly find the key is knowing the length you like and go from there.

I totally agree with Beccaboone2. You have to know the length you like--I'm tall and can't always get the length I want, but I know for sure there are MANY petite Linea customers who are thrilled with their purchases.

No one does jackets better than Linea. I've also purchased Joan Rivers jackets, but my biggest complaint is the cheap fabric and buttons--I've had to replace them all--that never happens with Linea. They are dyed-to-match and the gold buttons are custom designed and of high quality. The tailoring is superb at an unbelievably reasonable price and the styling/fabrication is comparable to the higher end designers jackets you'll find at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks at triple the price...

Talbots is also a great option for petites and talls. Love all their classic clothes and have many in my wardrobe, but they are much more expensive. Good luck!!!

Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 insomniac said:

Joan Rivers' jackets work. I am short-waisted, and Joan's styles hit me just right.

I can't wear anything too long.

Because of her body style, Joan offers a great selection for petites and those like me that wear/love her regular sizing. Joan's jackets are well designed. Fantastic fabrics. Some of Linea can be modified for petites with alterations-- it's well documented here about the sizing issues. And if you complain, you will be subjected to nasty responses. You will most likely have to shell out for alterations and/or return fee. Too many other great & better options, no need to take a risk.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

There is nothing wrong with having to take a jacket in for alterations. Many times altering something to fit perfectly is the difference between something not so high dollar looking fantastic or looking not high dollar.

Occasional Contributor

It has been a big challenge for me as a petite (5'2") to find well-fitting blazers that embrace my curves because of my highly positioned waist. This year, however, I have been lucky enough to purchase multiples of them from QVC. Here are my favorites:

A258819 Seth Aaron Ponte Knit Jacket w/ Side Zipper Detail in 3 colors (size 2);

A230819 Isaac Mizrahi Photo Real Floral Print Blazer (size 4);

A223099 Rachel Zoe Double Breasted Blazer in Ivory (size 00) & in Black (size 0);

A240770 George Simonton Ponte Knit Blazer w/ Rhinestone Beading in Blue Iris (size 4).

Pleas note the various sizes among items/colors. Nonetheless, I am very happy with my purchases.Smile

Honored Contributor
On 10/6/2014 MaryMD said:

It has been a big challenge for me as a petite (5'2") to find well-fitting blazers that embrace my curves because of my highly positioned waist. This year, however, I have been lucky enough to purchase multiples of them from QVC. Here are my favorites:

A258819 Seth Aaron Ponte Knit Jacket w/ Side Zipper Detail in 3 colors (size 2);

A223099 Rachel Zoe Double Breasted Blazer in Ivory (size 00) & in Black (size 0);

A240770 George Simonton Ponte Knit Blazer w/ Rhinestone Beading in Blue Iris (size 4).

Pleas note the various sizes among items/colors. Nonetheless, I am very happy with my purchases.Smile

Seth Aaron is a GREAT addition to QVC!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Occasional Contributor
On 10/6/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 10/6/2014 MaryMD said:

Seth Aaron is a GREAT addition to QVC!

I absolutely agree with you, CTG!!! Actually, I have tried Ponte Knit blazers/jackets made with similar fabric (rayon/nylon/spandex) from three designers (Seth, Joe Z., and Louis) at QVC and SA's was clearly the winner in quality of workmanship as well as the design/fit. Very much looking forward to more from SA!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I like Lands End petites.