Super Contributor

I currently wear denim&co blanck pants with stetch waiste and pockes. I love this pant  fit me well and are comfortable  But after a few washings they start to fade. I have tried all the methods out there to try and keep them black. Does anyone know of another pant that won't fade.

Honored Contributor

Re: black pants that wont fade

Have you tried washing in COLD water and no dryer?

Honored Contributor

@crazered 

Wash in cool water.  Hang dry.  

Studio by Tide Darks & Colors Liquid Laundry Detergent

Trusted Contributor

I just saw an ad in our Sunday paper it's for 9 Elements Purifying Softener.  The ad shows a black faded t-shirt  "before" picture and then an "after" picture that said "Restored after 20 minute soak in purifying softener". The picture shows the black t-shirt looking a lot darker in color.  I put the ad on the side so I will remember to add it to my shopping list for next week. 

Has anyone tried this product? The ad sure makes it look good.  I have those D&C black side pocket pants and agree - they do fade.

As for black pants that don't fade, my suggestion is Susan Graver Liquid Knit; however, they are a "dresser" pant than the D&C side pocket.

Respected Contributor

Turn pants inside out for laundering. 

What is the fabric content?  Cotton will fade over time.  If there's some polyester in the mix it holds on to the color much better.

Super Contributor

I have trye\e all the follwing. don;t dry,  I thought someone might havr e pants that wont faded

Honored Contributor

@crazered 

It's the nature of dyed cotton to lose color.  I use Woolite Dark Wash and a cup of vinegar for all of my dark work/colored cotton items.

The only way to keep from any fade is to use a product in polyester.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazered wrote:

I currently wear denim&co blanck pants with stetch waiste and pockes. I love this pant  fit me well and are comfortable  But after a few washings they start to fade. I have tried all the methods out there to try and keep them black. Does anyone know of another pant that won't fade.

I don't think it exists @crazered .  A retailer on HSN sells smelly colored jeans and Black is one with that smell of dye.  In order to keep black slacks from fading you might want to dry clean them.  Black denim will eventually look like off Black denim or gray denim....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I like Zac and Rachel pants, I buy them at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for about $20.  They're poly/rayon/spandex, I wash them inside out and hang to dry.  They never fade.  I'm sure they're available at other stores too.

Contributor

I hate fading and have found that; Isaac M. Pimoacotton fades much less and Susan Graver liquid knit does not fade at all.  If you prefer to continue buying the D&C pants due to fit then do not dry.