Contributor

black and white dress turned black and bluish/gray in washer - is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: black and white dress turned black and bluish/gray in washer - is there any way to fix this?

Can't help you with the "restoration".  However, for the future, you might toss in a Shout color-catcher sheet when washing something similar.

Honored Contributor

Re: black and white dress turned black and bluish/gray in washer - is there any way to fix this?

To salvage the dress, I'd attempt to dye the entire dress black.  I don't think there's anything you can do to remove the dye from the formerly white area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maryfitz24 - There are products like Carbona Color Run Remover that you can buy at Walmart. There are other brands as well. Google "color run remover". They're inexpensive and worth a try, if you love the item.

And in future, I agree with using Color Catchers. I always use these in colored or mixed loads.

Honored Contributor

Are you able to return it?    If the label says "washable", you have a defective item.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sorry that happened @maryfitz24.  I'm pretty sure it can't be fixed.  Either return (if you can) or trash it.