Occasional Contributor

Can anyone tell me how they get the wrinkles out of their sweaters after they have been folded.I do not hang them so they get wrinkled.

Respected Contributor

Re: barefoot dreams

[ Edited ]

@WILDFLOWER 

Hmm, maybe if you mist it with some water and lay flat or even hang them for a bit?  Otherwise, you may want to consider rolling them when storing.  I know it works pretty well for traveling to roll the items instead of folding.

I have a lot of BFD and I actually hang a lot of them.  Others I fold and then hang them on one of those velvety type hangers.  And some of the really thick or thin ones, I fold and they are on shelves.  I haven't had a problem with wrinkles, but you may want to try rolling them, or if folding, make sure to smooth out the wrinkles while folding and before storing.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

@WILDFLOWER @I am interested in an knowing about how to get wrinkles out of ANY sweater. No matter how I fold them they are so wrinkled or have a crease at  every fold. Short of washing and laying them flat to dry everything I wear them, I don't know what to do either. Barefoot dreams really wrinkle. I tried downy wrinkle spray on my linen blend pants and it worked pretty well, but I don't think it would be great for sweaters. 

Respected Contributor

@WILDFLOWER I run my blow dryer over the piece after I have put it on to smooth out any small wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

Re: barefoot dreams

[ Edited ]

I don't have any BD but I hang all my sweaters on Huggable Hangers with no problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@WILDFLOWER I run my blow dryer over the piece after I have put it on to smooth out any small wrinkles.

@WILDFLOWER 

What a great idea!  My BD I throw in dryer on low to remove wrinkles.  Going to try hair dryer, thanks for the tip

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo, thanks for such a great tip!

@WILDFLOWER, instead of folding, I roll all of my Barefoot Dreams when putting them away, either for the season or just a day or two. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a strange creature I still have a iron.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.Great idea

Occasional Contributor

Thank you.I will try that.