Respected Contributor

Re: attire for a las vegas wedding

I would probably check to see what they are planning on wearing in order to gauge the formality of the event, especially since it's a second marriage for both of them.

Contributor

good idea thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

hmmm - I would save the sequins for the celebration. Even though it's Vegas, it's still a chapel.

Ummm........ it's still a wedding. As a matter of fact my husband and I got married in a Las Vegas chapel. It was very high end, as beautiful as a church, we had the most wonderful photographer, and the cake would rival any bakery in my area. I wore the traditional wedding gown, and my husband were a magnificent black tuxedo. It was well done, and I wouldn't have done it any other way!! We didn't want the big hoopla that we had for our first weddings. There's nothing to poo poo on the Vegas wedding chapel. Wear the sequins! 👍🏻

Uhh - that's not at all the intent of my post. No need to take offense where none was meant.

I just see sequins as flashy and more in line for the celebration. Leave the sequins/sparkle for the bride.

Mother-in-law dresses/gowns can have some sequin detailing without detracting from the bride. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I always got the impression that anything is appropriate in Vegas.

But then, I've never been there.

I lived near Las Vegas for 13 years and you're right, anything is appropriate!  If I were the mother of the bride or groom I would definitely wear sequins!!!

Honored Contributor

@lil sophie  Although a very pretty dress and color, much too conservative for Vegas, IMO!

Esteemed Contributor

Anything goes in Vegas. Just take the weather into consideration. It's been hotter in Vegas than it's been in Phoenix. I wouldn't want to wear sequined pants in 110 degrees.  Hopefully the wedding is in the winter or at least a cooler month.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@lil sophie  Although a very pretty dress and color, much too conservative for Vegas, IMO!

I agree, that dress doesn't work for Vegas. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think that dress would be fine for a wedding in Vegas, if that’s what you feel comfortable wearing. I also think sequined pants would be fine too. I think jonbon had the best answer - wait and see what they are doing and maybe ask the bride what would be appropriate.

Maybe they want something more conservative; just because it’s Vegas doesn’t mean it has to be wild. But, maybe the opposite is true and they are looking at the event as a big party.
Super Contributor

Anything goes in Las Vegas!   Yes wear your sequin pants and have fun.   You are in Vegas Baby!   Best to the bride and groom.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tallgal wrote:

Anything goes in Las Vegas!   Yes wear your sequin pants and have fun.   You are in Vegas Baby!   Best to the bride and groom.  

I agree - anything goes

anything goes.jpg