Contributor

attire for a las vegas wedding

My older son just got engaged...My future DIL and son are thinking of a Las Vegas wedding (the second marriage for each of them)......in a chapel.......as mother of the groom are sequin pants appropriate?

Respected Contributor

Re: attire for a las vegas wedding

hmmm - I would save the sequins for the celebration. Even though it's Vegas, it's still a chapel.

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

hmmm - I would save the sequins for the celebration. Even though it's Vegas, it's still a chapel.

Ummm........ it's still a wedding. As a matter of fact my husband and I got married in a Las Vegas chapel. It was very high end, as beautiful as a church, we had the most wonderful photographer, and the cake would rival any bakery in my area. I wore the traditional wedding gown, and my husband were a magnificent black tuxedo. It was well done, and I wouldn't have done it any other way!! We didn't want the big hoopla that we had for our first weddings. There's nothing to poo poo on the Vegas wedding chapel. Wear the sequins! 👍🏻

Frequent Contributor

My brother-in-law got married in a Las Vegas chapel, and the woman who married them wore a blue sequined dress with a big butterfly on the front.  My mother-in-law (his mother) is conservative and wore a skirted suit.  As for the guests, it was all over the map. So there you go.  The "chapel" designation didn't seem to mean much.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Ummm........ it's still a wedding. As a matter of fact my husband and I got married in a Las Vegas chapel. It was very high end, as beautiful as a church, we had the most wonderful photographer, and the cake would rival any bakery in my area. I wore the traditional wedding gown, and my husband were a magnificent black tuxedo. It was well done, and I wouldn't have done it any other way!! We didn't want the big hoopla that we had for our first weddings. There's nothing to poo poo on the Vegas wedding chapel. Wear the sequins! 👍🏻

Uhh - that's not at all the intent of my post. No need to take offense where none was meant.

I just see sequins as flashy and more in line for the celebration. Leave the sequins/sparkle for the bride.

Esteemed Contributor

@CatLady72- The pants will be fine.

Honored Contributor

I always got the impression that anything is appropriate in Vegas.

But then, I've never been there.

Trusted Contributor

If fake Elvis can marry you in a Vegas chapel, you can wear sequined pants in a Vegas chapel.

Super Contributor

I like this

mother of the bride.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

It's Vegas .... you will see people wearing all sorts of clothing, all times of day and night. If you like your sequin pants and you want to wear them, I say go for the gusto. But if you're still concerned, you might ask your future DIL if she's okay w/ your outfit.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."