Trusted Contributor

Re: are you comfortable wearing red in public

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

So, is this a fashion question, a beauty question, a political question, an intimate relationship question, a bravery question, a moral question, a spiritual question, a religious question, or is there something else behind it?

Are you talking about one particular shade of red or are all reds equal to you?  Does red mean something to you?  What difference does wearing any color in public mean over wearing another color in public?  What does wearing a color in public (versus, I assume, in private) have to do with anything?  

How can anyone answer without knowing what the question means?

Thank you for phrasing it perfectly @GingerPeach.

@newname0, can you respond to this question so all the subterfuge behind your question can end?

Of course it's a fashion question.  I put it under Fashion.  I'm not bold enough to wear it anymore but some ladies are.

red hat ladies.jpg

Honored Contributor

It scares me that anyone would misinterpret this simple fashion question in the way that has now been explained to me.

Anyone who did so really needs a recalibration.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I love wearing red, mostly blue-reds versus orange-reds. Always have.

@suzyQ3 I think the notification wouldn’t work due to the spelling.

Honored Contributor

Love RED, one of my top three colors.

Intentionally chose not to wear it to weddings - old fashioned, I know.

UMMM... I learned the hard way that it has religious connotations for some.

(Nothing stated or implied here)

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Heck, yeah🔴❗

red hats, coats, shoes, pants, shirts, sweaters, dresses..it's always been my favorite color.

I'll have to go back and read why you threw "in public" in the title.

Were you thinking of the movie Jezebel?

Honored Contributor

I do wear red.  It's in my palette.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Use of the term "comfortable" would seem to imply that there is something not right about wearing the color, or that something "bad" would happen, or that the wearer would be thought of in a way that diminishes the wearer in some way.

When do we see use of that term along with any other color?  And to include "in public"?  

No wonder so many questioned the question.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

I don't just mean for the holidays but anytime of the year.

red shirt.jpg

@newname0  Huh? Of course. Why not? If it weren’t for red, my closet would be a dark hole needing more fluorescent lighting.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Use of the term "comfortable" would seem to imply that there is something not right about wearing the color, or that something "bad" would happen, or that the wearer would be thought of in a way that diminishes the wearer in some way.

When do we see use of that term along with any other color?  And to include "in public"?  

No wonder so many questioned the question.

I think it's just a matter of context, @GingerPeach. Red is a bold color, so I do understand the choice of asking about the comfort factor.

Some people might not feel comfortable standing out like that, especially if it's a major piece of clothing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I love wearing red, mostly blue-reds versus orange-reds. Always have.

@suzyQ3 I think the notification wouldn’t work due to the spelling.

@Mj12, I was careful to spell it exactly and include the space. I wonder whether she gets notifications.

I'd ask her here, but I can't "notify" her. :-)