Regular Contributor

Re: are you comfortable wearing red in public

I have green eyes so red is opposite green on the color wheel and is a good color for me.I prefer more blue reds though like the Denim & Co color Apple Red.I can't wear yellow or yellow toned reds or orange at all. I frequently wear Lipstick Queen Medieval, which is a sheer slightly blue toned red.

Honored Contributor

I just remembered another "red" milestone!

I got my first eyeglasses when I was six years old ... the frames were red!

I have three pairs of eyeglasses now (for different occasions/looks) ... one pair has red frames!

Regular Contributor

@okaywitheasypay I think Sting and Josh De Burg recorded Lady in Red - But not Lionel Ritchie. If I'm wrong , I apologize, but I am a big Lionel fan and I've never heard him sing it.

Honored Contributor

Public and private are not the determining factors when I am choosing a color to wear

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

I love wearing red, mostly blue-reds versus orange-reds. Always have.

@suzyQ3 I think the notification wouldn’t work due to the spelling.

@Mj12, I was careful to spell it exactly and include the space. I wonder whether she gets notifications.

I'd ask her here, but I can't "notify" her. :-)

Hey @suzyQ3.

Yes, I do get notifications. They must come from using the drop down choice.

@Ms tyrion2, yup. @GingerPeach was nice enough to help me out when your nic doesn't show up in the drop down menu.

Now I can notify you to my heart's content!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I like red but it does not look good on me so I get around that by owning several pairs of red shoes and several red purses.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have red winter scarves and red outerwear jackets like winter coats and rain coats but I don't wear solid red tops or dresses. I wear red and white on Canada Day though, usually a red T shirt or something similar paired with denim capri jeans.

I have some red and black print tops which I like but I don't even wear them very often either -- generally around the Christmas holidays.

I have a couple of red handbags and red sandals but seldom wear those either. And I don't like red jewelry particularly either.

Trusted Contributor

To the original question -- yes!  Why not wear red?!

Honored Contributor

@newname0  Why should any woman feel uncomfortable to wear red in public?  Your question is strange.  I personally am not fond of red.  Wore it a couple of times as an adult.  I don't know why but do not care for it that much.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@suzyQ3what I am getting is ,some people think it is about politics? You know red state, blue state

I don't know if it is, but, I find it odd, that people seem to think a color, is somehow improper, for any reason

@cherry  I think the poster who prejudged the original poster's intent was trying to make it about the scarlet letter.  I have thought about it since I read it originally and that is all I can think of that would make someone act as if they had been flamed.