Honored Contributor

Re: are these prices crazy or is it just me?

If that isn't your price range, fine.  That doesn't make those prices "crazy".  You must know that the world is full of people with varying incomes so what is "crazy" expensive for you is "crazy" cheap for other women.  

Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i loved that little cotton shift (A352972) that was just on.  but gosh, $54.00 (PLUS s/h) for a simple everyday dress? not within my budget! 

i also LOVED the Tolani tunic (A307942) but come on!  first of all, i would never pay that much for a top.  second of all, if  DID want to spend that much on a tuniuc top, i would be shopping at Nordstrom not the Q.  

maybe i just don't shop 'outside' anymore.  i realize that prices have gone up on everything, but this is CRAZY if you ask me. 

It is definitely not you!

Honored Contributor

I have always considered QVC clothing prices too high.  Even if the actual price looks good, once you add in s/h and tax it's just too much. I can do better locally where I can actually try on the clothes and not get charged to get a different size. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@fancy pantsy -

I have been out in the stores and QVC's prices are very out of control.

Even if you find prices comparable to here, you can always find good sales in stores, (or online anywhere!) whereas you rarely can here.

At QVC their "lunchtime specials" are closer to what the price should have been originally.

On the rare occasion when a top was $80 some dollars here for example, then goes to

$17 or something similar, you know how extremely overpriced it was.

QVC is hoping they can stretch what "the market will bear." For many, it is never in the running at all. 

I don't feel that their clothing is that special to warrant these prices anyway.

I liked that shift too and would have gotten it at $20, not almost $60!

I agree with you.  When you compare Q's prices they are much higher than the other channels and clothes on Q are no better.  Whenever there is something on Q that i think is cute I look at the price and I decide against it.  For clothes anyway.  I like to shop around.  Enjoy wherever you shop ladies.  Have a nice Saturday everyone.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is. And no, it is not just you. The clothing here is really not so special to warrant these prices. Those who try to insinuate that anyone who mentions the high prices here is "too poor" are simply trying to inflate themselves, imo. This clothing is not that special.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I don't buy clothing/shoes online anymore for that very reason----well for a few reasos---I can find the things I  Iike locally at the brick/mortar stores,  I can try them on for the fit, I can find really great sales, and-------no waiting 8 weeksSmiley Surprised for them to ship plus no return fees either----hey---just like the olden days !!!!!!

Valued Contributor

@fancy pantsy I think the Q is over priced on clothes. I buy more elsewhere. I get quite a bit for GD on Evine. They have cute trendy items, often half off .The quality has never been a problem.

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I think it's more realistic.  It's high if you're not working.  If you are, it's not that bad.  Inflation never goes away.  Paper money gets worth less each day.  Eventually you will be paying higher prices in future.   

it wasn't that long ago that i was working full time, and i can assure you that even then, i would not have spent that much on a top.    and today, i very easily COULD spend that kind of money ... it's just that, for me, i don't feel comfortable doing so.  

Fancy Pantsy, I am not sure what the poster meant.  There are people who make a lot of money and will not pay money for something that is not worth it.  Just because people  have money does not mean they will pay any price for anythng.  There are people with money who will shop at the dollar store.  LOL

Valued Contributor

If you watched The True Cost on Amazon you might feel that paying more for clothing might make you buy less. It's a real problem because of the cheap throw away clothing from places like Forever 21 and H & M. The thrift stores only sell about 10% of the donated clothing and the piles and piles discarded and sent to foreign countries is a health hazard. The higher prices wouldn't be so bad if they paid the poor workers in China and other countries a decent wage.

New Contributor

Agree.  I’ve noticed that the ‘house brands’ like Susan Graver and Denim and Co keep increasing.  There is nothing special about these brands to warrant the prices.