Contributor

Re: are these prices crazy or is it just me?

Prices are very high. Only purchase lunchtime specials and as is products. Hostess will speak of what great clothing deals but anybody who is a shopper knows better. So dislike when a host is not genuine. Makes me distrustful of anything else she says in the future.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Yes, it is. And no, it is not just you. The clothing here is really not so special to warrant these prices. Those who try to insinuate that anyone who mentions the high prices here is "too poor" are simply trying to inflate themselves, imo. This clothing is not that special.

I know, soon I expect to read that QVC undercharges and that prices should go up ! 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Kohl’s is my go to as well. Compared to qvc prices for comparable clothing items kohl’s is practically giving the clothes away. And just like qvc, some items are made well and some aren’t. Qvc does not have an ownership on quality.

Honored Contributor

Most of the clothing items I buy have $3.50 s/h, which I don't find to be outrageous.  However, when I saw the price on that Tolani top, I decided to read the reviews.  Glad I passed on that one!!!!

Respected Contributor

Tolani tunics regularly go for 3 or 4 times what QVC sells them for at Neiman’s. They’re in silk while QVC sells them in modal, but I still don’t find that to be “crazy” pricing.
Honored Contributor

I tried Kohl's and refuse to shop there anymore. Sorry but I feel their items are junk. Sheets, towels wash up horrible. Their clothes only last a few washings. Now that I'm older I just want to wear a few classic pieces that may cost me a bit more but I'll know that they'll last me season after season. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think clothing prices on the Q are a bit high. I think I bought one or two pieces of clothing from the Q last year. I am happy with what I bought, but I can find similar items for less in my local stores. I also make fewer mistakes when I buy in person and try things on first. 

Regarding Kohl’s quality...I have several tees from Sonoma and Croft & Barrow which cost from $6-$10. They are just as cute as D & Co. tees which cost $35-50 now. I can wear them with jeans, shorts, casual pants, etc. My Kohl’s tees last more than one season too. 

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy I’m sure this has been stated many times; price is relative. What one person thinks is too expensive, the next thinks is a great price. We all have different budgets & have to decide for ourselves what’s a good price & what’s not. The price for this top may be crazy to you, but there are plenty of women who don’t think it is. That doesn’t mean they’re crazy for thinking it’s a good or acceptable price.

I’ve seen items on QVC that I think are too high & that's fine; I simply don’t buy it. I certainly don’t judge those who do buy. If it fits another’s budget I say go for it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I rarely buy clothing at QVC anymore. I used to love Denim & Co when they offered affordable items. Prices have gone up too much, then you have to factor in shipping and a long wait to actually get your order.

My go to for casual wear is Kohl's. I've been shopping with them for years. My husband loves their kitchen items, and I love their clothing and pajamas. I've only had great experiences with the clothing that I've ordered. 

I mostly shop online at Kohl's and I usually receive my order in less than a week.

Kohl's also has great sales. I almost always get a 30% coupon with their flyers. Because I'm an MVP I also get free shipping on any amount several times a year. The Kohl's cash is a nice bonus, too. It's nice to know that if I ever need to return or exchange an item I can just take it to my local store.

Great sales, free shipping, Kohl's cash and getting a rebate too (I use Ebates). You can't beat it!!

Frequent Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I think it's more realistic.  It's high if you're not working.  If you are, it's not that bad.  Inflation never goes away.  Paper money gets worth less each day.  Eventually you will be paying higher prices in future.   

it wasn't that long ago that i was working full time, and i can assure you that even then, i would not have spent that much on a top.    and today, i very easily COULD spend that kind of money ... it's just that, for me, i don't feel comfortable doing so.  

Well said fancy pants!...couldn’t have said it better myself 👍