Respected Contributor

When I was a little girl I loved wearing a velvet dress on Christmas Day, it was usually red or green. That and black patent leather shoes were one of my favorite parts of Christmas. My mother and I would head into Boston on the train for day and go shopping. Then would go to their counter for their famous blueberry muffins. Very fond and fun memories.

No velvet now except for one s/s black velvet t-shirt that I layer under a jacket sometimes. Never liked chrushed velvet at all. I do have my eye on a pair of a navy blue pair of joggers. On the fence. That would be bold for me but they do look comfy and cute.

Super Contributor

Love the look and really enjoying all the options that are out there this year!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

Yes, I wear velvet...I have a burnout duster, pants, open blazer and tank.

I also have a chicho's tunic...I wear velvet only during the cold winter season.

Esteemed Contributor

cherry wrote:

I love it, but I am a lot older than some of the people posting here

They might feel differently than I do

@cherry, Maybe it is generational because I am in my 60s and I think velvet is fabulous.  Some people don't realize a fabric has to be amnipulated into velvet. There is silk velvet, cotton velvet, and yes, these days polyester and microfiber velvet. Silk velvet is heavenly and has a slip and flow to the fabric that is anything but heavy feeling or looking.  Cotton velvet can look and feel stiff, but that's what cotton does.  I'm ok with some of the poly and microfiber versions.  

Honored Contributor

Re: anyone wear velvet

[ Edited ]

Velvet gauchos (black)

Velvet bolero (black, trimmed in red braid, gold sequins and pearls, a la mariachi band)

Velvet bolero (open with tiny ruffle around the front, the cuffs and neck line, no collar, no closure

Velvet blazer (brown) which I wear with khaki wool flannel trousers 

Velvet blazer (royal blue) which I wear with blacks, grays, whites and ivories

Velvet maxi skirt (black)

Velvet waistcoat (black) which I like to wear with silk (ivory) damask blouse and maxi skirt

Velvet duster (black)

Velvet duster (long coat, black, for formal affairs)

A formal blue velvet dressed wrapped in cotton sheet and placed into cedar chest (not worn since 1970, special memories)

That is all my velvet, I think. Most of this was purchased to wear to the theater or to my daughter;'s Christmastime wedding.  My apostrophe makes an apostrophe and a semicolon and sometimes only one of each now that I have bathed my keyboard in a bottle of water.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I wear velvet and love it. I like how they've used new velvet fabrics in new silhouettes: some casual & some dressy. I have a hoodie jacket with velvet, an unstructured velvet blazer I wear with jeans, Isaac's velvet jogger pants, velvet sneakers, a pair of velvet boots, and a Graver black winter jacket with velvet accents. I also love the luxurious feel of the new velours and own the Cuddl Duds velour leggings, a velour robe, a velour hoodie. It's casual, cozy luxury that I'm spoiling myself with.

Valued Contributor

I live in the south and have several velvet tops that are great for winter.I also have 2 nice blazers that work with different outfits. I just got the cutest crushed velvet top on Evine 734170...well,in my opinion. I can see wearing it with jeans or nice slacks for an evening out.

Honored Contributor

1971, I had the most beautiful black velvet halter dress thar I wore  to a New Years Eve party. I was only 21 and I don't think I ever owned anything in velvet after that dress.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, I'm all about fabric. Cream silk blouses, cashmere anything, and soft velvet in navy, chocolate, purple, and a blush pink cocktail dress that never fails to get a compliment everytime I wear it. I've loved clothes since I was a preschool child and had a mother who indulged me. 

Honored Contributor

I'm carrying a velvet backpack as my handbag, I have velvet combat boots. I had to donate my skirt though, it was too big to wear anymore. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval