Valued Contributor

watching this sation and it seems so many of these clothes they are showing is velvet? Do not want to wear velvet?

Honored Contributor

I love it, but I am a lot older than some of the people posting here

They might feel differently than I do

Honored Contributor

No I don't wear velvet but do enjoy velour--big difference in fabrics. Got the Cuddl Duds double plush velour leggings that are amazing.Have seen velvet shoes, fancy party ones and really cute sneakers and boots, tho.

Honored Contributor

When I was a little girl, my mom would put us in velvet dresses every Christmas.  Velvet dresses, white tights and patent leather shoes.  I hated those dresses!!!!   I don't why, I just hated velvet and I have always hated velvet.  It just seems dated and old fashioned to me.  And don't even mention crushed velvet. 

Valued Contributor

I won't wear velvet or valor b/c it makes me feel that I'm trying too hard.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I wear velvet. I have a black velvet bomber that I love. It's pretty old but classic and can be worn with anything casual or dressy. I also have a pair of black velvet wide-leg pants which I love to wear for dressy occasions. For me a velvet garment has to be versatile in order for me to make the purchase. Otherwise I find it sits in my closet.

Honored Contributor

I like velvet, but not buying it from  QVC

Esteemed Contributor

I have some great Graver and D&Co stretch velvet and velour - tops, pants, blazer - wear them frequently.  Not just for dress, but for everyday.  I love the texture play and the way it takes color.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I love velvet and velour. Very dressy, classy and classical. I have a very nice 2 black velvet jackets by Calvin Klein and Banana Republic. My husband has a velvet dinner jacket. Btw you can see men in velvet jackets a lot in Paris. Love how they wear jeans with velvet jackets and scarves!!!!

I think it is also very s-xy fabric.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I do wear stretch velvet.  But only during the holiday season when it is appropriate to wear it.  I have a couple of tops, red blazer, and black pants to wear during that time.