Respected Contributor

Re: anyone get a look at the new du jour ruffled crop pants?

Not a fan!  I would look horrible in those wide legs.  A small ruffle on a close fitting leg could be cute, though.  However, at 64, I don't think I'd even buy that.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo  OK, if I were 18ish, tall and slender, and those crops were a skirt that length, maybe.  Now I'm approaching 80ish, I've lost any height I once had, and they're ruffled crops.  I'm out.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion, these look like something a little girl would wear, not a good look for a grown up woman.  Doesn't a style like these pants conflict with the idea of a strong independent woman ?  I think so.

Trusted Contributor

I actually really like them. I have a closet full of palazzo style pants...some ruffled, split leg, wide leg, and in all sorts of colors and patterns. I would wear them in the Summer and pair them with a sleeveless crew neck shell, a bold necklace, stacked bracelets and a great summer wedge sandal. They would even be cute with a fun tank top, some flip flops and a wide brimmed hat. I’ve always loved funky style pants, so these are right up my alley. I know they’re not for everyone, but that’s what keeps things interesting.😊

Honored Contributor

Im not the ruffle type.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

To my eye the proportion is so off-wide leg, wide ruffle. Nay for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love cropped ruffle pants but not on a wide leg because it makes it look clownish. 

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

In my opinion, these look like something a little girl would wear, not a good look for a grown up woman.  Doesn't a style like these pants conflict with the idea of a strong independent woman ?  I think so.

I don’t know—part of being a strong, independent woman is having the confidence to wear what one chooses, without worry about what others will think. I’m with those who believe these could suit some women if actually “styled” well. We all know the item photos leave something to be desired, but I’d bet that Amy or Courtney C could look great in these.