Respected Contributor

Re: antonella and louis dell'olio

On 2/9/2015 circles said:

I didn't see either show...jewelry or Linea....and glad I forgot to tune in....I use to like watching Antonella...but now she is just too silly....and I dislike any host who continually uses the producer to make purchases for them....we know its a selling tactic....however it is old and tired and doesn't make me buy...only diminishes my thought of the host...

Notice you never hear any male host asked the producer to order anything for them...that's why I prefer the male hosts ....that reason and they are not giggling and silly when they present....

circles: I totally agree with you 100%! Plus cannot stand her constant cackling. She laughs and cackles at everything, and I mean everything.

Contributor

I just enjoyed the way she allowed the designer to talk about his designs and their seemingly genuine interactions. It was refreshing. The usual fashion hosts often seem disingenuous.
Super Contributor

Not a fan of this combination....
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 buddylou said:
On 2/9/2015 occasional rain said: Disagree, she was unprepared, had no clue about the Linia line and laughed through out the hour.

I totally agree! The only thing she added to the show was the silly unprepared laughter! I think she does a good job of hosting the jewelry shows but with any fashion shows she clearly is a wreck! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Everyone raved about her after a recent Bob Mackie show but I thought she was awful on that one too. The only thing she contributes is giggling. You'd think if they knew they were going to be seen a a million or so people, they'd prepare and learn a little about the product. I like her but not as a show host.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I watched about half - thought she did well with Louis, so that he was more relaxed than usual.

Clothes should be fun- especially the ones I stayed to see which were mostly quite casual. They both did that for me today.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2015 taja123 said:

I've always enjoyed Antoinella hosting. For some reason and this is the second show I've seen her do with Louis, she is intimidated by him. As in the other show, she denigrated herself with him. Also in both shows, she didn't know a color and brought attention to that. Antoinella does beautifully with Bob Mackie and other fashion. Louis and she are just not that compatible. I don't care for her saying she's not the A List Host. She's just as capable as any of them are.

I didn't get the idea Antoinella is comfortable selling fashions. But I don't watch her that much to get a clear picture of her style. I only watched today to see new LDO items...I only noticed one new item...(maybe there was more new)....but probably why there wasn't a big list of sneak peeks on his site before this show??

I didn't like when she said she wasn't an A list host. That not only denigrates herself...but also the vendor. As in...you're not important enough to be paired w/ an A List Host. I'm sure she didn't mean it that way...more self deprecating. But still why put yourself down?

I just thought the show was not as synchronized as a typical LDO show.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I think the hosts should engage their brains before their mouths when you hear what they say at times!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Louis is an amazing designer, and I like to watch him with a host who understands how great his reputation is, what he has accomplished in the past, his tremendous resume, etc.

I have enjoyed watching Louis and Sharon. She seems very interested in what he brings to each garment. She is well-spoken, never silly, very gracious.

She's good with Bob Mackie also. I have come to appreciate her so much, because she is so different from the other hosts.....

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Rottie_mama said:
On 2/9/2015 namealreadytaken said:

You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time but you can never please all the people all the time. If you like Louis, you are interested in the clothing. What does it matter? You don't have to wear the hostess! She/He is there to announce. You don't even have to pay for the air time. Each one is different just as we all are.

Perfectly stated! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I totally agree with both of you ! There is way too much nitpicking done by some of the Linea Ladies (I won't mention names, because it's obvious) regarding the Hosts on every one of Louis's shows. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I am just happy to see him on the Q and delighted with the garments he brings to us ! I never turn off his show because of the Host who is doing his show...How Silly ! {#emotions_dlg.glare} BTW, I've seen Antonella host 2 of his shows and I haven't seen him irritated by her, at all. In fact, they seem to have a very cordial relationship. Smile I also thought that many of Antonella's questions to Louis were appropriate, to complete the descriptions of the garments, and Louis happily answered, while appearing quite pleased with the success of the show.

I really enjoyed today's show and I love to watch & learn from The Master ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I agree with OP. Saw a little of Antonella and Louis this morning and they were just great together.