Respected Contributor

Re: ......and.......Queen Elizabeth in green

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I feel sorry for her...so much criticism of her family, and unfortunately some of it warranted. Not an easy life.

She has tried so hard to do the right thing and some of her family have not.must be very trying. Also, not sure how good her husband's health is now.

I doubt she would step down unless disabled in some way. I think she would have done so by now.

Has she not faced criticism for some of her own actions in the past as well?

Respected Contributor

I think she looks lovely in almost any color.  No one is always smiling.  It could be she was just "caught" in a pensive mood. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Respected Contributor

she looks beautiful, as always.  i'm glad there are not cameras following me around catching my every expression.    since i would have no idea if she is tired or not, i will just accept it as one tiny moment that i have no insight into. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the facination with the Royals, that hat makes her look a little mad hatterish, but the Queen looks good for her age in that picture.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I go to church when I am tired, and so do many people, It is a place to rejuvenate, for many of us...A church is a hospital for weary people ,and those that need solace

It is not a  country club for the sanctified..it is a refuge from the cares of life

@cherry 

This was so inspired and thoughtful; I wrote it down in my journal. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

from her 21 birthday speech

snip

I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.

Her Majesty The Queen
from her Silver Jubilee speech
Queen Elizabeth II during her Silver Jubilee Royal Address, referring to her vow to God and her people when she made her 21st birthday broadcast: "Although that vow was made in my salad days, when I was green in judgment, I do not regret nor retract one word of it."