Respected Contributor

Re: ...and Nordstroms wonders why it's in trouble...

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

What's worse is that someone will buy them.

Why would that be worse?  What people spend their money on is their business.  What's worse are people dying of cancer and catatrophic diseases, children with cancer.  That's worse then buying an article of clothing. 

@Blingqueen023 - amen sista Heart

With the exception of a few...Doesn't it seem like this board is like a gathering of the bashers, doom & gloom reporters and complainers?!? Is this what happens when some get old? You stop enjoying life and looking for bad instead of good??? No way am I going down that path Woman Tongue

Nordstrom is doing FINE  and I think its great to have options for unique and unusual items. No one is being forced to watch, like or buy!

Enjoy your weekend @Blingqueen023. Now get up and let's do a no more wiggle dance Woman LOL 

@Chi-town girl   lol lol lol How right you are.  Can you picture these women seeing their neighbor drive into their driveway with a new Lexus or Mercedes and they can only afford a Toyota Camry hahahahahahahaha the look on their face would be priceless.  

I haven't seen a Nordstrom store in trouble yet.  The one in Bethesda, MD is doing a great business at usual.  That store has been there thriving forever and a day and will continue to thrive.  Granted I can't afford everything in that store, but I've purchased what I can afford and usually on sale or on the floor they devote to smaller income and I found their merchandise is of excellent quality no matter what you spend on it.  Their customer service can't be beat.  Anway, it's all relative I guess.  I just hate the fact that most people in the US are so judgemental.  

Have a happy and healthy weekend.  I've spent a fortune lately on clothes. I swore I wasn't going to buy anything from fashion day but you know how that goes girlfriend.  I got the new Isaac cardigan in the olive green and the Quacker Factory bird cardigan in ivory today.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring hahahahahahaha.   

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

Why would that be worse?  What people spend their money on is their business.  What's worse are people dying of cancer and catatrophic diseases, children with cancer.  That's worse then buying an article of clothing. 

With the exception of a few...Doesn't it seem like this board is like a gathering of the bashers, doom & gloom reporters and complainers?!? Is this what happens when some get old? You stop enjoying life and looking for bad instead of good??? No way am I going down that path Woman Tongue

Nordstrom is doing FINE  and I think its great to have options for unique and unusual items. No one is being forced to watch, like or buy!

Enjoy your weekend @Blingqueen023. Now get up and let's do a no more wiggle dance Woman LOL 

@Chi-town girl   lol lol lol How right you are.  Can you picture these women seeing their neighbor drive into their driveway with a new Lexus or Mercedes and they can only afford a Toyota Camry hahahahahahahaha the look on their face would be priceless.  

I haven't seen a Nordstrom store in trouble yet.  The one in Bethesda, MD is doing a great business at usual.  That store has been there thriving forever and a day and will continue to thrive.  Granted I can't afford everything in that store, but I've purchased what I can afford and usually on sale or on the floor they devote to smaller income and I found their merchandise is of excellent quality no matter what you spend on it.  Their customer service can't be beat.  Anway, it's all relative I guess.  I just hate the fact that most people in the US are so judgemental.  

Have a happy and healthy weekend.  I've spent a fortune lately on clothes. I swore I wasn't going to buy anything from fashion day but you know how that goes girlfriend.  I got the new Isaac cardigan in the olive green and the Quacker Factory bird cardigan in ivory today.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring hahahahahahaha.   

LOL. ITA Bling!

My Nordstrom isn't in trouble either.  They are rocking and rolling

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Blingqueen023 - thank you for the belly laugh Woman LOL

Sadly every neighborhood has the 'nosy gossips'. Yes, they do stand or sit outside for hours, daily,  watching who comes and goes, what time, what they shop for, how many vacations they take, and gossip about it. Even spreading lies. I avoid those people like the plague. 

Sounds like you're doing great - my heart is happy for you! Shop away & enjoy. I too love shopping for beauty, fashions, accessories and have no intention of ever stopping!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Blingqueen023 - thank you for the belly laugh Woman LOL

Sadly every neighborhood has the 'nosy gossips'. Yes, they do stand or sit outside for hours, daily,  watching who comes and goes, what time, what they shop for, how many vacations they take, and gossip about it. Even spreading lies. I avoid those people like the plague. 

Sounds like you're doing great - my heart is happy for you! Shop away & enjoy. I too love shopping for beauty, fashions, accessories and have no intention of ever stopping!

@Chi-town girl  I'll give you one more belly laugh, lol  I used to have a next door neighbor that was the twin of Gladys Kravitz from Bewitched.  She used to watch everybody in the neighborhood.  What really took the cake was she called several neighbors to tell them she knows everything about them and even what time they went to sleep for the day.  Can you believe it.  I was thrilled when I saw the moving truck and that they were moving hahahahahaha.  I usually keep to myself in my neighborhood.  You keep out of trouble and the gossip circle that way.  Besides, with working I really don't have the time for neighbors.  Happy shopping tomorrow and let me know what you purchase.  Have to tell you for an FYI.  I ordered two tops from Susan Graver and I love her tops but these particular two I had to send back.  It's item A293641.  It has bell sleeves with blingly crystals or whatever they are.  Anyway, the sleeves were so long they covered my entire hand.  Just thought I'd pass that along if you're interested in that top.