Super Contributor

And FYI Bling, I was a child in the Seventies. Apparently you were'nt. My nickname on here was after an Eighties song. 

Honored Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

How sad it is that some women want to become a mom and let others raise their children. Amy would never stay at home to raise the kids if given the chance. Woman want to be "fulfilled" by having their own career in the expense of their children. Why have kids if you can't or don't want to raise them?? Boggles my mind. My sister-in-law is a teacher, has three small kids, chooses to work and the kids are a nightmare. And if that isnt enough to be away from her kids, she is on a soccer league 4 times a week. Selfish. Women CAN'T have it all.    

I see you're still living in the 70's.  To stay home with your child is a LUXURY today.  It's not a choice anymore.  Open your eyes up.  

See, here's the thing Bling. I raised/raising two boys, I am a stay at home mom. My first son graduated High School with a 4.8, my sixteen your-old has a gpa of 4.5, my focus since they were born, was, they come first. And education is top priority. My logic behind this is, if they get good grades, good grades leads to top Universties and top Universities lead to very good paying jobs and good paying jobs lead to having my grandchildren be raised by their mother. The way it should be. They are increditable, loving young men as well. And I am sorry, I disagree with you, most women want to work, its easier. Or, they would rather work to have a 500,000 house and 80,000 dollar car instead of raising their children.   

AND, you should thank me for doing my part. Because if your daughter or grandaughter marries someone that was raised like my boys they will have an extremely comfortable and happy life like I do.

And a very opinionated, overbearing MIL.   

Super Contributor

Re: amy stran pregnant?

[ Edited ]

@cef001 wrote:

And FYI Bling, I was a child in the Seventies. Apparently you were'nt. My nickname on here was after an Eighties song. 

Well, if true, it appears your sons managed to obtain those GPA(s) in SPITE of you.

It's weren't, btw. Oh and it's also spelled incredible, not increditable.....of course, if they spell like you, they probably are in-credit-able! ***eye roll***

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Honored Contributor

@cef001

I raised my child, someone else's child, both graduated with 5.0+ GPAs,  full ACADEMIC scholarships and I WORKED FULL TIME.

Super Contributor

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@cef001 wrote:

Well, if true, it appears your sons managed to obtain those GPA(s) in SPITE of you.

It's weren't, btw. Oh and it's also spelled incredible, not increditable.....of course, if they spell like you, they probably are in-credit-able! ***eye roll***

Oh, sorry, you are correct. Glad we have a spelling gestapo on here. 'eye roll" CIAO!

Super Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@cef001

I raised my child, someone else's child, both graduated with 5.0+ GPAs,  full ACADEMIC scholarships and I WORKED FULL TIME.

Oh please. Like I believe you! 

Super Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@cef001

Really? You should have stuck with 4.9. Much more believable. And IF they graduated with a 5.0 it was just probably only Honor classes. Not AP.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Honored Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@cef001

Oh please. Like I believe you! 

But we should all believe you?

There are a lot of people who manage to raise very fine, upstanding young men and women and they've had no choice but to work for one reason or another or they chose to work. 

There are also a lot of fine, upstanding people who have great jobs, earn a very, very comfortable salary and who don't have a day of college behind them or they didn't have a high GPA.  They had a good GPA, have worked hard, had a good work ethic and were able to move up in a company. 

That is fantastic that you were able to make the decision to stay home and raise your children while your husband worked outside of the home and earned money. But what if your husband had lost his job?  What if, God forbid, something would have happened to your husband?  Things could have turned out very differently. 

Honored Contributor

@cef001 wrote:

If you are talking about the song Hippie Chick by the trio SOHO, it was actually a song in 1991.